Need to tap into the brain power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JWA_Two

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Recently purchased a 2020 2500. 3rd ram for me. Love this one so far, however, have a situation I’ve never ran into.

It is the night edition with led lamps and the 12 inch connect.

I have turned the daylight running lights off on the Uconnect. I have the turn knob for lights to the off position. However, lights remain on no matter what.

The other unusual thing is that I can not press the fog light button that is part of the turn dial. It behaves as it is disabled.

Am I just a novice and this is usual behavior?

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

OP
OP
JWA_Two

JWA_Two

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Let’s see if these load

Attachments

• IMG_3538.jpeg
    IMG_3538.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3539.jpeg
    IMG_3539.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3540.jpeg
    IMG_3540.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
JWA_Two

JWA_Two

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The picture that I am pointing to, that fog light on/off button does nothing and it has no depress and bounce out type of feel. It’s hard to Touch if that makes sense (real perfect opportunity for that’s what she said joke)

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
DRL cannot be turned off via your radio on a truck that came with them programed from the factory in the "on" position. You will need something such as AlfaOBD to disable them. Radio feature is for a truck that didn't come from the factory with them "on".

TRK_GANG74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On these trucks the DRL’s are your low beams. It took me a few weeks to figure it out. The light strips above and below the low beam/high beams stay on regardless of the headlight dial setting. As for the fog light/bed light button one is the fog lights and the other are the lights that illuminate the truck bed. Can’t remember which symbol is which. Press one and go look at the white lights in your 3rd brake to see if they come on when you press either one of the buttons.

OP
OP
JWA_Two

JWA_Two

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
DRL cannot be turned off via your radio on a truck that came with them programed from the factory in the "on" position. You will need something such as AlfaOBD to disable them. Radio feature is for a truck that didn't come from the factory with them "on".
Thanks for the information. I have the “off” and “on” option on the radio but it doesn’t seem to matter which I select.

Then I have my answer regarding the DRL— I thought they would be the light strips versus the low beam.

Still unable to turn off the fog lights though, are those also part of DRL?

RAM DRVR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Your fog lights are on in the second picture. Do the turn off when the high beams are on?
Top button fogs, bottom button bed lights.

OP
OP
JWA_Two

JWA_Two

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Your fog lights are on in the second picture. Do the turn off when the high beams are on?
I’ll check in the morning if they turn off with high beams on. The fog light button though does not react when I push it. It doesn’t have any give when I push it like the bed lights button.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ll check in the morning if they turn off with high beams on. The fog light button though does not react when I push it. It doesn’t have any give when I push it like the bed lights button.
From what I have read it seems as if the DRL are behaving as ram intended them to...they don't shut off. There have been a few posts on here talking about it. I have never tried, just taken people's word on here that it is just the way it is!! The fog lights seem like your switch is jacked up to me...my 2019 you can clearly feel the button depress when you push on it. I always leave my fogs on though, so I never push the button.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
where on the OBD scanner do you go to turn off DRL

OP
OP
JWA_Two

JWA_Two

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Was your truck manufactured for the Canadian market? If my memory serves me, Canadian vehicles are built with DRLs on by Canadian law.

Does not look to be build for Canada. Attached door sticker.

Attachments

• IMG_3542.jpeg
    IMG_3542.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
JWA_Two

JWA_Two

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4

Yes, the fog lights turn off when high beams on.

OP
OP
JWA_Two

JWA_Two

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
This may sound dumb, but... You know the headlight knob needs to be in either running lights or "on" to turn the fogs on during the day, or auto at nighttime. They do not turn function with the knob in the off position.
Yup. I have tried each position and fog lights will only go off if high beams on.

I believe it has to do with the actual fog button being “stuck” in on position since I can’t depress it.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This may sound dumb, but... You know the headlight knob needs to be in either running lights or "on" to turn the fogs on during the day, or auto at nighttime. They do not turn function with the knob in the off position.
^^^ DITTO ^^^ FOG lights do not run independently OP, as CHOPPER said. They only work when lights are on.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, the fog lights turn off when high beams on.

Not what you're searching for but...

I have a different light selector button with a built-for-Canada truck. There's no off, I push the entire light selector button to enable fog lights, and the cargo light has a separate button below the headlamp selector.

I fixed that fog light dropout feature with AlfaOBD. Just disable the dropout enabled feature. :cool:

AlfaOBD Fog light dropout enabled.jpg

When I use the high beams, the ditches are now brightly lit with the (fog) driving lights.

AlfaOBD provides the ability to make changes to the DRL. The default for my truck is the turn signals but I can change that to high beams, low beams or fog lights.

AlfaOBD DRL options.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
JWA_Two

JWA_Two

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My believe is that the light dial is the issue. I’m going to look further into it and will report back.