Need to tap into the brain power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JWA_Two

JWA_Two

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
***UPDATE*** sure enough it was the headlight turn dial and switches. I opened it up and the dial had come unseated. I reseated it and all is fixed. I’m able to turn lights on, off including fog lights. My guess is that prior owner pushed on it too hard or something may have hit it, but I’ll never know.

I do have the light strips always on as DRL.

Thanks for all the feedback.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I was going to say, on my '22 when I turned the DRLs off in the 12" screen, the only lights on on the front of my truck are the LED surrounds (which honestly looks pretty cool). But I leave my dial in Auto with the fog lamps enabled, because it's one less thing for me to worry about that way.

JC4041

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was going to say, on my '22 when I turned the DRLs off in the 12" screen, the only lights on on the front of my truck are the LED surrounds (which honestly looks pretty cool). But I leave my dial in Auto with the fog lamps enabled, because it's one less thing for me to worry about that way.
Maybe it's a 2020 thing? My '21 Laramie is like yours where the lights turn off (through the radio) but the surrounds stay on.

truck2569

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On these trucks the DRL’s are your low beams. It took me a few weeks to figure it out. The light strips above and below the low beam/high beams stay on regardless of the headlight dial setting. As for the fog light/bed light button one is the fog lights and the other are the lights that illuminate the truck bed. Can’t remember which symbol is which. Press one and go look at the white lights in your 3rd brake to see if they come on when you press either one of the buttons.
The bottom one is the bed light the top one is your driving lights in the front bumper