Need wiring color codes for tail lights, break lights, turn signals, etc on 2004 Dodge Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GawdRamIt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a truck with no bed. Apparently the previous owners sold the truck bed and whoever bought it just cut all of the bed's wires instead of unplugging them. Does anyone know what color wires go where? I have installed some tow lights plugged into the trailer hitch junction as a temporary fix until I can find a bed, but only the running lights work. No break lights, no blinkers, etc. I think this is because the wires were cut (maybe something needs to be grounded). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

OP
OP
G

GawdRamIt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
OP
OP
G

GawdRamIt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I have no computers with an old enough browser so access that info. I looked on the back of the truck and there is a 10 or 12 gauge Red wire and a Black wire that are a larger gauge than the rest. Also on the left towards the back is a skinny white wire with a grey stripe. Then on the back passenger side there is a skinny solid black wire hanging down and then more to the passenger side but still on the back is a group of wires that are White w/ Green Stripe, Yellow w/ White Stripe, Solid Black, another White w/ Green Stripe and then a White w/ Brown Stripe. If anyone has any idea where those go, please let me know. I would be soo appreciative of that information. I hooked a set of Tow Lights into the flat 4 pin connector that is usually for trailer lights and that gave me running lights but no brake lights and no blinkers. HALP!!!!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If you are using Windows 10, IE 11 is loaded on your machine. To open IE 11 go to the START menu. (click on the lower left corner of the screen) Scroll down to the W's and find the heading for WINDOWS ACCESSORIES and expand it. From there, select INTERNET EXPLORER. If you wish, you can pin EXPLORER to your taskbar.