Need Your Voices Gents - Is there enough for a class action?

HandyCruiser

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi (no e-Torque)
I've owned four Hemi engines. One of the two I have now has over 250,000 mile on it. And there has never been a Hemi tick in any of them. It's obvious that the tick is a real problem. It's been covered many times on this forum. But it likely only effects a very small number of Hemi engines among what is likely over a million built so far. Those with the tick are likely to complain and/or look for solutions on the internet, much more so than those like me reporting no major Hemi engine issues whatsoever with nothing to complain about. Overall, I suspect that the quality and reliability of Hemi engines is well within three sigma. That means there's nothing to take legal action over since the engine meets industry reliability standards overall.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It would ultimately serve to reduce Chrysler's ability for as much R&D, harder to bring out new features, make them less competitive. Kind of counter productive don't you think?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Different owners referring to the HEMI TICK
are referring to 2 completely different things

To 1 group the HEMI Tick is when the 4 manifold bolts that also hold the Heat Shields in place break off, this is just a Manifold Leak, easily fixed

To the other group, the HEMI TICK is when the lifter noise does not quiet down, even if you use the best oil.
some say it is the lifters, others say it is the length of the push rods

To me, i will just use the best Synthetic motor oil that will leave a heavy coat of lubricant on everything when the engine is not rotating

Socalramfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Anyone have any "Performance" Mods on their Ram?

Your Warranty is Null and Void.

The Defense rest.

Last edited:

Jrh2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I am starting to see a lot of people with the service the electronic braking system message that is costing them $800.00 to $1000.00 to fix. Mine just came on/off/on/off/on/off half a dozen times last week, 2017 2500 with only 17,000 miles. At some point I would think they would see it as a failure on their design and not just normal wear.
I drive a 2017 2500 MegaCab w/Cummins as well, and am seeing this fault come and go every time I drive the truck. It also throughs “Service ABS System”s. Mine is also low Milage,@ 28K. Have you learned anything about what’s causing? I think it still warranty item.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been browsing the forum and have seen several issue that could be brought up as a class action for the 4th Gen Dodge Ram. I have never been the money chaser. However, for the amount of money invested in this truck I figured I would ask this group what your thoughts are on a couple of issues.

Of course the first being the engine knock. If we think this is something we need to pursue we would need the details of the truck and the amount it took to repair (or if you lost faith and sold/traded)

Another one I have seen and experienced is the ABS system failures. Same thing as above, if this has happened how much did you have to pay to fix.

Both of these could be argued from a safety and quality perspective. However, if there are not enough voices with actual hardship then there would be no reason in pursuing. Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks gents.

S/F
Erin Brockovich comes to mind ! ;)

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
I have been browsing the forum and have seen several issue that could be brought up as a class action for the 4th Gen Dodge Ram. I have never been the money chaser. However, for the amount of money invested in this truck ...
With your vehicle being a 2016, why don't you start by listing your vehicle hardships you feel entitled for compensation for?

Elvira

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Reg Cab Short Box
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess i am a lucky Ram owner. I have had a half dozen rams or so and the last 2 were 5.7 hemi's...not an ounce of trouble and one of the best trucks i have owned and driven. I treat my trucks with tlc and keep up with the normal maintenance. Perhaps that is my reason for having zero issues. My next truck will also be a Ram.