Negative offset rims and towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crazyro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thank you for the feedback on running larger wheels/tires. Is anyone running negative offset rims? I have fender flares and would like to get some wheels that would line up a little better with those. How much is too much on offset? Spacers I'm thinking I would want to stay away from, though the hub centric ones would probably work better. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Vne182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for the feedback on running larger wheels/tires. Is anyone running negative offset rims? I have fender flares and would like to get some wheels that would line up a little better with those. How much is too much on offset? Spacers I'm thinking I would want to stay away from, though the hub centric ones would probably work better. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
To barely clear 35x12.5 tires, I'm running 0mm offset 17x9s. The stock 20's are -19mm offset. I have about half an inch of clearance between my wider tires and the upper control arm.

Quyonmob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To barely clear 35x12.5 tires, I'm running 0mm offset 17x9s. The stock 20's are -19mm offset. I have about half an inch of clearance between my wider tires and the upper control arm.

Wouldn't the stock 20's be +19mm (or more) offset?

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
YES! That's a perfect setup. Are you towing? If yes, has it been affected any?
The only time I drive the truck is when I’m towing or hauling something. Usually towing way over what it’s rated at too lol. The only negative is the added weight/rotating mass. 10 ply 35s are really heavy. So it takes a little bit of power from the truck. But I still pull whatever I need to, it’s no race truck but it does it fine.

OP
OP
Crazyro

Crazyro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The only time I drive the truck is when I’m towing or hauling something. Usually towing way over what it’s rated at too lol. The only negative is the added weight/rotating mass. 10 ply 35s are really heavy. So it takes a little bit of power from the truck. But I still pull whatever I need to, it’s no race truck but it does it fine.

That's great to know. I'll have to look into it. :) Thank you sir!