New 1500 - First Impressions and Air Suspension Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlitzBound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I had ordered a ‘22 1500 back in November and it just came in. It is a Long Horn with off road package and air suspension, eTorque and 33 gallon tank.
I’m coming off of a ‘19 Big Horn without the above.
I’ve only driven it about 30 miles, but I think there is something to this eTorque and air suspension. Engine just seems smoother and more powerful/torquey? Maybe it’s just because it’s new, but I’m liking it.
Ride seems to be even better as well because of air suspension. I was expecting a little stiffer because of the stiffer shocks from ORP, but it rides great.
I do a lot of towing- appr 8k boat, motors, trailer. Mostly short distances and no hilly/rough terrain- just 15 miles to boat launch 4 times a week during season. My last Ram handled boat fine. I was tempted to go with a 2500, but since daily driver, think I’m fine with 1500.
My question is do I have to adjust air bags when trailer hooked up? Do i just keep in “normal” setting and the bags will adjust in rear to prevent squat?
Love the truck! D626CF9F-DFB9-456B-B2B1-7662DCF15E95.jpeg

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had ordered a ‘22 1500 back in November and it just came in. It is a Long Horn with off road package and air suspension, eTorque and 33 gallon tank.
I’m coming off of a ‘19 Big Horn without the above.
I’ve only driven it about 30 miles, but I think there is something to this eTorque and air suspension. Engine just seems smoother and more powerful/torquey? Maybe it’s just because it’s new, but I’m liking it.
Ride seems to be even better as well because of air suspension. I was expecting a little stiffer because of the stiffer shocks from ORP, but it rides great.
I do a lot of towing- appr 8k boat, motors, trailer. Mostly short distances and no hilly/rough terrain- just 15 miles to boat launch 4 times a week during season. My last Ram handled boat fine. I was tempted to go with a 2500, but since daily driver, think I’m fine with 1500.
My question is do I have to adjust air bags when trailer hooked up? Do i just keep in “normal” setting and the bags will adjust in rear to prevent squat?
Love the truck! View attachment 486178

Nice looking truck, although that appears to be a bighorn or lonestar as oppose to the longhorn as the longhorn would have different headlights/tail lights/wheels as well as a few other exterior differences (and many interior).

Congratulations again, it's a great color too!

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Air suspension is self leveling. I pull a tractor and dump trailer many time a year and the combo is over 10K and it handles it fine. Be aware that with the off road package you already have a 1 inch lift over other stock trucks and so you only get 4 air suspension setting.
Off Road will have all 4 lights on and will adjust if you get above 25 MPH, 3 lights means normal or the best ride. 2 is arrow mode that the truck will go into at hiway speeds on its own. You can also set your default to the arrow setting for driving all around. 1 light is for entry and exit and will automatically take itself up above 5 mph if I recall correctly.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice looking truck, although that appears to be a bighorn or lonestar as oppose to the longhorn as the longhorn would have different headlights/tail lights/wheels as well as a few other exterior differences (and many interior).

Congratulations again, it's a great color too!
DITTO ^^^ Lonestar/Bighorn not LongHorn, but great looking ride. Enjoy your truck and drive it.

OP
OP
BlitzBound

BlitzBound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
DITTO ^^^ Lonestar/Bighorn not LongHorn, but great looking ride. Enjoy your truck and drive it.
Def Big Horn- same as my last 3. Not sure how Longhorn came out- out of my price range!