New 2019 Ram with Eco diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jljbtm

Reaction score
I've started looking for a new truck considering a 2019 with EcoDiesel is there any reason why I should not purchase one of these with the diesel?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would certainly look into the 8 year 120000 mile warrant if you go this route.

MXZGUY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Following. Am considering on a 2021 3rd gen diesel. I do most highway miles so trying to see if the diesel is worth the extra cash for the mpg increase. Plus I pull some small trailers also. :cheers:

Arvid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you do mostly highway don’t hesitate. It’s the short trips and city driving that kill these Diesel engines. They are made to work hard and run hot and keep going. Short trips not getting it to full operating temp very often can have a negative effect and shorten the engine life. I bought one because I clock about 50k mikes a year. Coming up on 9 k miles now and I couldn’t be happier.

MXZGUY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If you do mostly highway don’t hesitate. It’s the short trips and city driving that kill these Diesel engines. They are made to work hard and run hot and keep going. Short trips not getting it to full operating temp very often can have a negative effect and shorten the engine life. I bought one because I clock about 50k mikes a year. Coming up on 9 k miles now and I couldn’t be happier.

Good to hear this. I run close to a little less than 25,000 a year but mostly all highway. I live in the country and have had a 3/4 & 1 ton Ford diesel already. My last Ford 6.7 ate it self up at 85,000 miles. Put a Reman in and after almost 10,000 miles and 3 gallons of anti freeze I said that was enough and picked up the 1500 5.7 hemi> End of story>>>>>:D

MXZGUY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

With that said and almost 9,000 miles what have been your average MPG if I might ask?????

Arvid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With that said and almost 9,000 miles what have been your average MPG if I might ask?????

I do a 280 mile trip back and forth 560 miles round trip highway then about 75 miles Give or take a few, local driving between fill ups. And combined I’m 25 mpg. I hit 28-29 highway sometimes 30-31 depending on the winds but I’m going 75 mph most of the trip.

Last edited: