New 2022 Big Horn order truck month delivery ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Collinsje308

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey everyone,

Im new to posting here. But I have a Question for you to see if anyone else has had something similar happen to them.

Back in January I ordered a 2022 Big horn 1500 from a local dealer that I have bought vehicals from in the past. The sales guy that I used before has retired, so I got a different guy and so far things have been great with him. He has kept in great contact about giving me updates about the truck.

Now here is my problem, When I ordered I was told by the dealer that I would get to take advatage of any rebates/incentives that were availble either at the time of order or at the time of delivery which ever was greater. Then he tells me that it should be here mid-late march. I think "perfect as i know that march is RAM truck month"

And with it being truck month, there is a $4000 rebate on the truck. My sales guy emailed me on the 9th that my truck was now in KZ status (transit) with a delivery window of March 19th-31st. Well now its looking like it wont be here in the next two days. And I feel like I shouldnt lose out on that rebate when RAM/dealership cant get it here by the communicated date. Am I out of line feeling this way? Also I am begining to feel that RAM/dealership is delaying the truck just so they dont have to honor that rebate. Am I out of line in feeling this way?

Thanks!!!

mkhaydn

Reaction score
Ram Year
I just heard that the Ram tracking site has been down for a few weeks but is back up but hasn't 100% updated yet also heard train delays at the USA border, been almost 7 months for my 3500 with a lot of upgrades which I ordered back in Oct 2021 and it's stuck in that delay.....

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I can tell you, the freight train is not stopped or delayed at the Eagle Pass Texas Border Crossing

The only thing holding up your Ram is the fancy parts that are still over in China, Japan, Taiwan

There are at least 70 Cargo Ships waiting to dock up in Long Beach
Even if they did dock, there are no semi trailers that can transport the Cargo Containers

This is what is in very short supply
It is a very special trailer, it is outfitted just for hauling Cargo Containers
1654302369927.png
see the mounts at the rear corners
1654302590441.png

This is a basic Cargo Container being lowered onto a special trailer

1654302862158.png

There are plenty of truck drivers & more than enough Semi trucks
There are no where close to enough special trailers to move all the cargo containers

1654303286702.png

It is just as bad over in countries like China & Japan
Over there they have all of their warehouses full of Products, so they are having to stop production on products, because they have no place to store it.
They have no empty Cargo Containers to put Products into. If they did have them. they have no Cargo Ships to haul the cargo containers to places like Long Beach.

It is a so called Chinese Fire Drill

One thing that they could do is to dedicate a storage area at the Long Beach pier area. Then they could dredge an area to place a pier. Then run railroad tracks out onto the pier & get at lest 1 giant crane out onto that pier.

Then get a ship ******* to that pier
Then hire a trucking outfit to haul every empty Cargo Container that they can find, out onto that pier for loading.
Then the minute that the ship is loaded, move it out of Port & get another empty ship to the pier & load it with empty Cargo Containers.
Until they do that, everything will remain the same as it is right now.

There is likely cargo ships in the Moth Ball Fleet, that are in good enough shape that could haul empty cargo containers.

Now they just need to build that pier :)