New 2500 Laramie needs a tonneau

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bonzoso

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Went back and forth in my mind and have decided on a soft folding unit. Decided folding to make it harder for the casual thief from getting into the sides and soft because I'm only gonna need it to keep the weather out. Not planning on keeping valuables in it long term. I worry also about wind noise and sagging in heavy snow with a roll back. Also decided soft because of the ease of taking it on and off. I understand the hard folding tops are heavy.

So like I said, I've been putting off deciding for a while, now I'm trying to decide whether to spend less than $300 for a Tyger or Gator unit or closer to $500 for and extang or Leer or something else in that price range. Can anyone convince me that the $500 units are any better than the $300 ones for longevity or weathertightness? Also does the power tailgate cause any issues with tonneau choice. FYI my 2500 does NOT have the Rambox.

Thanks for any thoughts!

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
I have the extang trifecta 2.0 and it works out well and covers everything.

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
I bought a "Tonno Pro" tri fold from either "realtruck" or "Autoanything" I forget which one.
It was inexpensive and seems to work well.