New 3500 RAM DRW Mega Cab Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wifi_guy

wifi_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 I6 Cummins HO Turbo Diesel
It won't affect it at all. Installed the same one shown on mine and it did change anything.

Good to know. I might throw it on this weekend. Clean the screen up really well before doing so.

OP
OP
wifi_guy

wifi_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alright, the moment you all have been waiting for, well at least me. The 2020 rear weathertech's will fit a 2021. I trimmed the edges some, I didn't like how they hung over near the door.

tempImage00no9B.png

tempImageGjwG8J.png

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Congrats on your new 3500 High Output Cummins Dually !! I have one as well, and white, too, but a 2019. If you don't mind saying, what did it set you back?

OP
OP
wifi_guy

wifi_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Listed just over 96K. Got it for just over 85K from dealer. That didn't include tax title and all the other BS that comes with it.

AceF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 mega
The reason the cab feels smaller than ford or gm is because it is smaller by a couple inches in each key dimension. Supposedly the RAM HD for 2022 will have the 1500 much larger cab......yes ram could change the seat and steering wheel configuration but the passenger footwear still has a large intrusion until the 1500 cab is added, only then can ram compete HD size wise cab dimensions. I just sold my 17 ram 3500 waiting to see if the 1500 cab shows up, if not going with the larger cab from Ford, I'm tired of looking at the top of the windshield......

OP
OP
wifi_guy

wifi_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love my RAM so far, but those key extra inches would be nice to have. Oh well. You can't win them all. LOL

Cummins HO Engine in the Ford body. Winning!

OP
OP
wifi_guy

wifi_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So here is something I have recently noticed. Last night it was 40/ish here. When I woke up it was 55/ish. My PowerStroke really wouldn’t wait, there may have been a slight hesitation then it would fire right up. My truck this AM did a 20 second count down.

I would expect a 20 second count down for something in the -degrees. Why are the cummins engines so conservative when it comes to a “cold” start. I wouldn’t consider a 55 degree day cold by any stretch of the imagination though.

Thoughts?

(Not a complaint, but something I noticed and just curious why.)

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
So here is something I have recently noticed. Last night it was 40/ish here. When I woke up it was 55/ish. My PowerStroke really wouldn’t wait, there may have been a slight hesitation then it would fire right up. My truck this AM did a 20 second count down.

I would expect a 20 second count down for something in the -degrees. Why are the cummins engines so conservative when it comes to a “cold” start. I wouldn’t consider a 55 degree day cold by any stretch of the imagination though.

Thoughts?

Odd, I wouldn't think it would do something like that with the temps that warm....

OP
OP
wifi_guy

wifi_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Very Nice!

Thanks! The ride is still pretty much the same, maybe a "little" stiffer. The tires are a little louder, but nothing that is a deal breaker.

I gotta say I am really enjoying driving this truck. With all the get up and go it feels like a 1/2 ton truck when I drive it.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Here you go!

Question for you guys. So I ordered some Weathertech’s today. I looked at the Husky brand also, but I ended up going with Weathertech. Does no one make a rear floor matt yet for these? Or, did I somehow miss the rear one on Weathertech and Husky?

View attachment 244872

View attachment 244873

View attachment 244874

View attachment 244875
Weather Tech makes rear mats for the Mega Cab, unless they stopped at 2018.
I have had a 2016 MC and now a 2018 MC and both have Weather Tech that I personally ordered!

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins

Thoughts?

Not that I know anything but my 5.9 Cummins will do the wait to start thing if it gets cold over night and hasn’t had time to warm up the next day. So just cuz it’s 55° doesn’t mean your motor or fuel is 55°.

Fleabites

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7