New Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Looking to get a new battery for my 2017 1500. 5.7l. What is everyone getting?
I’ve read a lot of post on battery replacements
Our trucks are designed for an AGM battery because of the smart charging system but
either by careless attention or supply chain issues a little less than half in the 2016 to 2017 received flooded lead battery’s
AGM are more sensitive to charging but handle environmental factors better.
I personally can’t tell the difference between the two since I just replaced mine less than 6 months ago, but if you go with AGM or GEL remember to only use a smart charger designed for those specific batteries.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
fyi - AGM batteries are lead acid. It is only the configuration that differs from flooded cell batteries. The liquid electrolyte in the agm is absorbed into a fiberglass sponge separator, and the lead plates are thinner. That's all. This makes them spill-resistant, shock resistant, and multi-angle applicable. They also charge and discharge more efficiently, and last longer.

It costs more to make the finer parts is all.

Dr. Righteous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The $200 AGM battery I purchased at Orileys a month ago DIED. I took it out of Dads BigHorn and carried it back to them. They didn't have a replacement so I got a refund. I then trotted to Advance Auto and got a DieHard for about the same price. HOPEFULLY they are the same batteries produced when Sears sold them. I purchased several DieHard batteries over the years from Sears and those were always excellent.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
The $200 AGM battery I purchased at Orileys a month ago DIED. I took it out of Dads BigHorn and carried it back to them. They didn't have a replacement so I got a refund. I then trotted to Advance Auto and got a DieHard for about the same price. HOPEFULLY they are the same batteries produced when Sears sold them. I purchased several DieHard batteries over the years from Sears and those were always excellent.

Did they maintain the charge on it? Some of these places don't rotate or maintain stock, esp. now days with competent help almost impossible to get for miniscule pay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock