New bed cover arrived

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I ordered a TonnoPro tri-fold from Summit Racing on July 30th. It shipped on the 31st and was at my house today, August 1st. Not bad at all for free shipping!

Newbedcover7.jpg

It came with the tail gate seal (enough to do it twice), a bottle of vinyl cleaner, and a super cheap little light thing that's supposed to light up the inside of your bed and be detachable as a flashlight. I've gotten better quality prizes out of a Happy Meal than the light, but the cover itself is nice.

The front clamps and back clamps are of different designs. The rears are more quick release so you can fold it up easily. The fronts take a bit longer to tighten or take off, but still the whole cover can go on and off in a couple of minutes.

I had a tri-fold on my Super Duty and almost went with the lo-pro rolling cover but just decided I didn't want to have to smooth the sides and all that every time I opened it and stuck with a tri-fold.

OP
OP
Docwagon1776

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Apparently my first light was defective. It immediately stopped working, so I e-mailed TonnoPro. No questions asked, they sent me a replacement "TonnoTorch", which arrived in two days via FedEx.

This one works and is a lot brighter than the first one. Its not a mag-light by any stretch, but it does light up the interior of the bed and detaches to be used as a flashlight. I'll try and get some pictures up, but for a freebie included with purchase its pretty neat.

Russ64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks good Ive got the factory mopar tri fold and yes they are easy to remove. I dont have any lights in the bed I may need to look into those.:driver:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
sweet, that's fast shipping

scott2488

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice! Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Docwagon1776

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Looks good Ive got the factory mopar tri fold and yes they are easy to remove. I dont have any lights in the bed I may need to look into those.:driver:

TonnoPro TonnoTorch Premium LED Light

I don't know what they cost individually. I wouldn't pay too much for one, personally, but I'll take it free with the cover.

I don't know if mine will stick inside, though, as I have a spray in bed liner.

There was a post here of someone who ran those LEDs inside a weatherproof plastic rope along the insides of his bed rails and they looked awesome, but of course that's a lot more work to install than just sticking a battery powered light on the bed and wouldn't be removable to help change a flat or whatnot. Looked awesome, though.

Russ64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I didnt think about that I have the factory spray in bed liner too

OP
OP
Docwagon1776

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
4 year followup:

The cover has held up very well and still looks good. The seals loosened a bit, and the tail gate seal came completely off this winter. I just got off the phone with TonnoPro and they are sending me a replacement tailgate seal at no cost under their warranty. The lady, Michelle, said simply use clear super glue to attach it, lock it down, and then avoid car washes for 24 hours.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the follow-up. It's always nice to know how some of this stuff hold up over time. On a side note---I know it's none of my business how you keep your truck clean, but please try not to go through those "tunnels of destruction", they really do harm to your paint. The "no touch" are much better than the others, if you have to use them at all.
Jay

OP
OP
Docwagon1776

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Thanks for the follow-up. It's always nice to know how some of this stuff hold up over time. On a side note---I know it's none of my business how you keep your truck clean, but please try not to go through those "tunnels of destruction", they really do harm to your paint. The "no touch" are much better than the others, if you have to use them at all.
Jay

I was just passing on her instructions verbatim. I wash and wax by hand if the weather allows. It's been through a drive through car wash one time in it's life.

OP
OP
Docwagon1776

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I received the new seal in two days. I installed it yesterday, as it was the first dry day above freezing since I got it.

The seal is dusty when it arrives, either packing material or that's just how it leaves the factory. I wiped it down with rubbing alcohol as instructed. I prepped the cover with rubbing alcohol as well and let it evaporate, then super glued all loose seals and the new seal down.

It's raining and the wind is blowing really hard today. I went and checked the bed is dry, no water getting in from the tail gate now. Hopefully it stays put this time, but so far so good.

OP
OP
Docwagon1776

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
The cover is starting to come apart now. The threads along the edges are all broken and almost gone, letting it come apart. I guess I'll be looking into their "lifetime warranty" to see if it covers the stitching wearing out.

OP
OP
Docwagon1776

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Well, they are a stand-up company. I sent them some photos, a copy of the purchase invoice, and they are sending me a replacement at no cost. I'd just asked if someone could repair it locally, but I suppose in this day and age it's cheaper to make a new one then to repair one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam