New Big Horn Order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DB Cooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETORQ
Placed order two weeks ago, I can't seem to get a clear estimate with the truck will actually be delivered, any thoughts? I'm in N. Calif.

67440dodge

Military
Reaction score
I had my dealer run a VIN on a Gen 4 Tradesman listed as "In transit" on another dealers website, it was just shy of 3 months from order date, and some member posted a pic of his showing up in just a month..

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Placed order two weeks ago, I can't seem to get a clear estimate with the truck will actually be delivered, any thoughts? I'm in N. Calif.
I see you've come out of hiding and you're finally spending some of that money you "acquired" back in 1971. :hmm:

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your new truck order!

OP
OP
D

DB Cooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETORQ
I see you've come out of hiding and you're finally spending some of that money you "acquired" back in 1971. :hmm:

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your new truck order!
LOL, most people don't recognize that name. I have a 2012 1500, 134K miles, zero repairs. I decided I want to upgrade. I really like the new tech and the new mileage is very surprising.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
LOL, most people don't recognize that name. I have a 2012 1500, 134K miles, zero repairs. I decided I want to upgrade. I really like the new tech and the new mileage is very surprising.
Agreed! There's really no comparison between 4th and 5th gen Ram 1500's. I loved my 2017 Rebel, but it rode like a truck. My 2021 Limited rides and drives as well as or better than a luxury car. Has decent power with the Hemi, and looks better than any other half-ton truck out there IMHO.

The time it will take before you take delivery depends on model and options you ordered the truck with. Destination also seems to make a difference. Having said that, it could take anywhere from 6 more weeks to 6 more months. Things are really messed up right now with the supply shortages and trucking issues. What are the details on your order?

tnpete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My Big Horn DRW only took a couple of weeks from the order to delivery. Well more like 81 days. But 2 weeks of that was on the short train ride.
But man for you, even if its 11 month's, 29 days. It will be fast compared to that ride out of the plane. Just think Jumped out in 71 and landed in 21. Please tell us you made it to the ground without issues.

OP
OP
D

DB Cooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETORQ
True, most don't recognize the name :). Still no news on my order,... bummer.

OP
OP
D

DB Cooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETORQ
My Big Horn DRW only took a couple of weeks from the order to delivery. Well more like 81 days. But 2 weeks of that was on the short train ride.
But man for you, even if its 11 month's, 29 days. It will be fast compared to that ride out of the plane. Just think Jumped out in 71 and landed in 21. Please tell us you made it to the ground without issues.
LOL, yes, that was a heck of a jump. I needed a truck in those woods.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
DB, your salesman should have given you a statement
with the letters B1, C, or D
That is if you placed your order before December 11

Was it a 5 Star dealership ?
or a small dealer ?

If it was a small dealer, they might not have sent the order in before January 11