New Build, took 2 month from order to delivery, Ram 2500 long bed 4x4, crew cab.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beck2596

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, I know there are other threads about different builds, but the build time seems to vary, so I just wanted to share my build time and experience.
Mine was a Tradesman with a few options, so I am assuming part of the reason for the relatively fast process was that it was easy to build.
I ordered on Dec 3, 2021 and a week later I got a vin number and confirmation that parts were available to build it.
Truck was build on Jan 7 2022, I am in Florida and truck arrived at the dealer lot on Feb 2.
So it was a really pleasant experience and quick build, I know some takes a lot longer, but just thought I would share, if others are considering building lower end trucks, they might not take as long as more upgraded trucks.
Ohh, and another thing I liked about my dealer, was that he gave me the price on my trade Dec 3, with an allowance of 3600 miles and he would lock that price in, no matter how long the build took ( of course it needed to be is same condition) but with 3600 more miles.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That was quick considering what some are going through. Enjoy your truck.

Red

Jaxbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6 Hemi
Hi, I know there are other threads about different builds, but the build time seems to vary, so I just wanted to share my build time and experience.
Mine was a Tradesman with a few options, so I am assuming part of the reason for the relatively fast process was that it was easy to build.
I ordered on Dec 3, 2021 and a week later I got a vin number and confirmation that parts were available to build it.
Truck was build on Jan 7 2022, I am in Florida and truck arrived at the dealer lot on Feb 2.
So it was a really pleasant experience and quick build, I know some takes a lot longer, but just thought I would share, if others are considering building lower end trucks, they might not take as long as more upgraded trucks.
Ohh, and another thing I liked about my dealer, was that he gave me the price on my trade Dec 3, with an allowance of 3600 miles and he would lock that price in, no matter how long the build took ( of course it needed to be is same condition) but with 3600 more miles.
I ordered a 1500 Limited on Jan 30th, just got build date yesterday set for March 16th 2022… hope it delivers faster after build…

Downzero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can only hope my build is that quick but somehow I doubt it will be.

Brianmp01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I was at the dealer the other day and they said most of the orders they are doing are taking 5-8 months. I ending up putting a deposit on an inbound truck it’s sitting in Nashville waiting to ship to Ohio.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I noticed that hardly anyone states which series of Ram they are getting

a 1500 being ordered & built, outfitted & delivered to say St. Louis may take 3 months, give or take .....

a Heavy Duty series has to come out of Saltillo Mexico & could take around 4 months, give or take.
I think part of the reason may be that only a small percentage of Rams ordered are HDs.

So down in Saltillo, it takes a while to get 16 Ram HD orders going to the St. Louis area.
They do not mix loads, everything in a freight car will be off loaded at the same place

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock