New Car For My Wife

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midknight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Nice ride!

We’ve had 3 GMC Acadias and they’ve all been fantastic for our family of six. The current one is a 2017 Limited because the new body style is a joke to try and fit in the 3rd row. With that lease ending in less than a year we’ll be on the hunt for something else as well. One neighbor just got a KIA Telluride and the other a Durango.

OP
OP
56PW17

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice ride!

We’ve had 3 GMC Acadias and they’ve all been fantastic for our family of six. The current one is a 2017 Limited because the new body style is a joke to try and fit in the 3rd row. With that lease ending in less than a year we’ll be on the hunt for something else as well. One neighbor just got a KIA Telluride and the other a Durango.
If i was 6 people i think the Acadia is a better choice. There is more room width wise than the durango. You are blessed and need more room than me. I think the KIA is beautiful. And you can get it topped out in the high 50s i think?

Wanted something with a little more street appeal for my wife than her current set up. Lol. The Acadia was a fantastic truck while we had it. Did 16k in two years so it wasnt abused. Only had one sensor issue in that time.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you guys keep any of those Acadia/Traverse's long enough to start having transmission problems? GM doesn't have a very good rep for FWD automatic trannys. Most of them that I've seen start having problems in the 125K miles range. FCA's 8spd auto is miles ahead of anything GM has except maybe an M22 Rock crusher.LOL

OP
OP
56PW17

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you guys keep any of those Acadia/Traverse's long enough to start having transmission problems? GM doesn't have a very good rep for FWD automatic trannys. Most of them that I've seen start having problems in the 125K miles range. FCA's 8spd auto is miles ahead of anything GM has except maybe an M22 Rock crusher.LOL
No, we did 16k in a year and a half. I either keep a vehicle for 15 years or i trade them in a year to a year and a half. The GMC was a utility to me. Did its job great. Didn't like the looks.

Only had one sensor issue in that time. Throttle position sensor, made the car lurch forward. Thought it was a tranny issue but luckily is wasn't.

Much prefer the look and drive of the Durango to the GMC.

OP
OP
56PW17

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have to say i couldn't be happier with the Durango. Driven it more than my wife lol. So much fun to drive and it seems fast for what it is. Faster than my power wagon lol.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Id love to convince wife to get RT Durango.....she doesn't like em. I LOVE them, probably would trade truck for one haha