New CTD Emissions Recal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blazin383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Does anyone know anything new about the diesel emissions recalibration recall (VB6) for the 2019 Cummins? I'm leery of haveing the recall performed for fear of what negative impacts it may have on performance and/or fuel economy... which seems to be a typical result with these things!

Last edited:

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
Does anyone know anything new about the diesel emissions recalibration recall (VB6) for the 2019 Cummins? I'm leery of haveing the recall performed for fear of what negative impacts it may have on performance and/or fuel economy... which seems to be a typical result with these things!
I wouldn't do it mess up my 5.7 they didn't even tell me dang californa like congress allways wanting to play GOD !

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
After having 14 and counting recalls done on my 2014, its no big deal. One of the last ones was a complete replacement of the DPF and exhaust and flashing of the ECM. Never noticed any change. The only way to opt out is never take it back to a dealer.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
I just had some warranty work done, and told them NOT to perform the VB6 recall, and they allowed me to waive it. I had to sign off that I waived it. Until I hear more feedback on how it affects things I am going to steer clear. MPG is already bad enough.

chas0472000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
not going to do it. i have a 2018 2500 listen to the getty adventures on you tube,he says it will increase def usage and leed to more sut in engine

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
not going to do it. i have a 2018 2500 listen to the getty adventures on you tube,he says it will increase def usage and leed to more sut in engine
And he knows this how?

ACJCF2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 3500 Tradesman CC DRW 4X4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L (408 cid) TD
I had it done while having the Diesel Oil Change service done. I didn't notice any "seat of the pants" difference however, after having an ABS service completed, I had a DEF Service light come on the way home from the Selling Dealer (75 miles from home). It is now sitting in the service bay of our local Chrysler dealer. They are not sure if it is a sensor, DEF pump, or bad injection nozzle. :( Less than 25,000 miles on the clock.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I had it done while having the Diesel Oil Change service done. I didn't notice any "seat of the pants" difference however, after having an ABS service completed, I had a DEF Service light come on the way home from the Selling Dealer (75 miles from home). It is now sitting in the service bay of our local Chrysler dealer. They are not sure if it is a sensor, DEF pump, or bad injection nozzle. :( Less than 25,000 miles on the clock.

If the truck you have is based on your profile. 2018 diesel with less than 25k is bad thing.