New Direct-Fit mufflers found!!! Aero Exhaust!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Y pipe looks a little too harsh for me and a bit restrictive, anyone else think so?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have an SLT with the single. I also have a small dent in the rear bumper so I'll be replacing it too. I'd just like to find a muffler back dual setup that isn't any louder than factory.
Why not just put a factory exhaust on it then? They are all over Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace that people have removed to get a "better" sound.

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I tossed my factory muffler back on, for now anyway...

I've been eyeing up the Flowmaster 50HD Direct fit muffler lately. Sounds great, does not seem all that harsh on start-up either... I do not care about the flow, or performance any, as this is a truck and I am NOT racing it in any way... I just want a great sounding muffler that WON'T **** off my neighbors. A "have my cake and eat it too" sort of scenario![/QUOTE]

From what you describe, you should like the 50HD. I had one on my truck for several months and liked it. It has a good tone with very little drone (didn't notice it if I had my radio playing). I never had any of my neighbors complain about noise. It's in the same loudness ballpark as MF 18", Borla ProXS, etc. If I was to ever go back to a FM, it would be the 50HD.

Tony1945

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2019
Engine
V8

I've been eyeing up the Flowmaster 50HD Direct fit muffler lately. Sounds great, does not seem all that harsh on start-up either... I do not care about the flow, or performance any, as this is a truck and I am NOT racing it in any way... I just want a great sounding muffler that WON'T **** off my neighbors. A "have my cake and eat it too" sort of scenario![/QUOTE]

Tony1945

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2019
Engine
V8

We have this on our 2019 and find it great it was welded on at shop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone use an off brand cold air intake that works well? I'm not keen on spending $350 for K&N just for the name, Rough Country has one for $150, any suggestions? Right now if I get into it the truck falls on its face a bit, I suspect it isn't breathing good enough. The only 2 mods I would do are the cold air intake and a different muffler to let it "FLOW" better.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Anyone use an off brand cold air intake that works well? I'm not keen on spending $350 for K&N just for the name, Rough Country has one for $150, any suggestions? Right now if I get into it the truck falls on its face a bit, I suspect it isn't breathing good enough. The only 2 mods I would do are the cold air intake and a different muffler to let it "FLOW" better.

Stock air box flows plenty, just drop an afe pro dry in there and make sure the inlet doesn't have any stuck squirrels!
Some guys do upgrade them and ive heard good things about the volant power core, i did have one on my avalanche way back.

Diablo21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 BlackOut BigHorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I put the Borla Attack on mine it sounds amazing highly recommend

yes the Borla in my opinion is hands down the best exhaust I might put in on my 19 Big Horn Hemi but I promise for the price u can not go wrong with the Flowmaster American Thunder cat back exhaust system I have it on my other truck a 2016 5.0 V8 F-150 lariat FX4 sounds really good

OP
OP
2016Bighorny

2016Bighorny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

How many miles do you have on your 2014?? Replace the spark plugs!?

Reddington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a AT3030 on a 2003 Ram 2500 Hemi - holy crap was it loud. I loved it, but it was loud AF. And I was 17 years younger then. LOL. I know I couldn't handle it now. I had a Carven Progressive on my current 1500 and it was too loud in the mornings so I got rid of it and went back to stock.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The ar30 is actually just a resonator, they say its real mellow. Sounds it in the vid. I may try one idk.
How can something with these specs be mild sounding!
F198642215.jpg

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is my first post, I'll contribute some during this month. I've stalked the forum for the past year, and bought almost everything for my 2016 based on feedback here.

I bought this muffler the week I saw this original post. I quickly researched sound clips, and read reviews on drone. I have a lot of experience in performance modification on stock cars, and race cars. I have a picky wife with sound in vehicles, and I'm getting older so drone is getting old as well. The AT3030XL (middle model) does have some (little) drone from 1400-1700 with mds on, and a nice rumble in the cabin while accelerating. This is totally acceptable to me, and my wife didn't complain about it.

That said, I have an all motor 750 horsepower corvette that drones like a mf'er inside. I have the corsa cat back, which has the least amount of drone, but with 285cc ported heads, compression at 13, ported intake, long tubes without cats, and a massive cam, all of which adds to drone it's mind numbing inside. My wife tolerates it, but understands what drone totally is.

Now, either she knows what bad drone is, and doesn't mind the level the truck drones at, or knows it could be worse and is just happy with it.

Personally, I've had worse. It drones about the same as a Borla pro xs in my opinion, which is my normal go to for trucks. But way better than flow master, magnaflow, Gibson. However, resonated versions of the previously mentioned exhausts except for flowmaster are about the same as this. Corsa of course hardly drones, if ever, until you add a lopey cam, long tubes, and increase air coming into the motor.

If you're concerned about drone, go with corsa. This AT3030XL for me is what I wanted though, a little bit of drone to keep the kids sleeping on the highway, but nothing that can't be covered by by the radio. Enough that I can get feedback from the engine to listen to the engine over time. Personally I like to listen to the engine for any abnormalities over time.

Now for the performance, nothing noticed, I don't have a tune... nor would it matter. Mufflers only add a few horsepower over stock anyway, even with a tune. Headers and cams, sometimes ported heads, are typically the only way to make marginal gains for noticeable feel in our light trucks. Which I'll eventually get around to with my 2016, and provide feedback to the forum. Unless going forced induction of course.

But, how does it sound? I LOVE IT!

That's the largest reason we do mufflers right? So we can enjoy the tone of our engines, and to drive by that annoying 4 cylinder with a resonator for a muffler. Sitting at the light surrounded in traffic... anyway, it sounds incredible. I personally like it more than my old borla mufflers, similar sound to what ATAK does to a v8, but the AT3030XL drones less. I'll post videos this weekend of the sound. But I love it and my wife loves it, so I couldn't be happier.

I hope this was helpful. And I'll get the videos on YouTube for y'all and post them here.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sweet! Thanks for that review. Now ya made it harder for me to decide between the ar30 or at3030xl lol

OP
OP
2016Bighorny

2016Bighorny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
VelocityC6Z
How is the sound during cold starts? Meaning, how loud would You rate it at it's loudest? I do NOT want to **** off my neighbors!...

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Nice to see a 304SS muffler replacement option.

they do not look like they would provide no drone tho, look a lot like the carven honestly. I do not really love the y connection and how they did it but I doubt it’s a flow issue compared to the stock muffler.

judging by the pics of the muffler case with the welds they look like Chinese MIG welds that are ground down and then polished. Not that it really matters as long as it doesn’t break but Chinese SS always has a tendency to rust bc it’s low quality SS.

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
VelocityC6Z
How is the sound during cold starts? Meaning, how loud would You rate it at it's loudest? I do NOT want to **** off my neighbors!...

It's loud enough that my neighbors can hear a small rumble in the morning, I've asked. He said it's not loud and doesn't shake their house, and wouldn't wake them up in the morning. I live in an attached condo, sound doesn't travel in the neighborhood a whole lot. Driving out of my area is a slight up hill which I feel makes a slightly louder note in the morning. The note is really just deep unless you're on the pedal accelerating harder, then it gets loud. I accelerate slower, and just enjoy the low rumble, and nobody seems to mind... My one neighbor actually complimented that he really likes the sound, as he thinks it's how a truck should sound from the factory.

It's louder than stock, but deeper, so it's hardly that loud; and certainly not that annoying exhaust noise.