New Dodge Owner, Paid some stupid Tax. Couple of problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I paid some stupid tax this week, bought a truck from across the state, I was told everything works and believed the gentlemen. now that the truck has been delivered I have 2 issues.
1- Cruise light does not come on with key, and cruise does not work.
2- 4X4, The transfer case is working but the front axle is not. 4X4 light flashes constantly.
What I have checked so far:
All fuses are good
The plug on the front axle, if I jump the signal connectors when the t-case is in 4X4 and engaged the light will stay on.
checked the ground side and have good continuity but I am not getting a 12v signal to the plug
I found the vac canister under the Batt (I believe this is for the cruise control)
checked the plug and again ground continuity is good, but no 12v signal when pushing the cruise button, however this is not totally surprising because I have no indication there is power to the cruise circuit.

Any Idea and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
Did you check this truck out before you bought it? Also you bought it from across state lines. The guy that sold you the truck isn't going to tell you everything also him living so far away you weren't going to be parked in his yard when things didn't work.If you don't have a repair manual you might need one and need a wiring diagram to trace things down.I hope you get things sorted out because that sucks.

TheTexasBandit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I paid some stupid tax this week, bought a truck from across the state, I was told everything works and believed the gentlemen. now that the truck has been delivered I have 2 issues.
1- Cruise light does not come on with key, and cruise does not work.
2- 4X4, The transfer case is working but the front axle is not. 4X4 light flashes constantly.
What I have checked so far:
All fuses are good
The plug on the front axle, if I jump the signal connectors when the t-case is in 4X4 and engaged the light will stay on.
checked the ground side and have good continuity but I am not getting a 12v signal to the plug
I found the vac canister under the Batt (I believe this is for the cruise control)
checked the plug and again ground continuity is good, but no 12v signal when pushing the cruise button, however this is not totally surprising because I have no indication there is power to the cruise circuit.

Any Idea and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Check the vacuum hose on the cruise control also check your relay to see if it's any good. As for the 4x4 you might be able to go to a dodge dealer and ask them to hook up a fancy scan tool and it should be able to tell what exactly is wrong with your 4x4

OP
OP
Brander

Brander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the suggestions, hoping some one can tell me how to check the front axle servo. there is a 4 wire plug and im not sure what is supposed to be hot and what is ground and return. can I put power to the servo and check if it is Ok?