New Edge Pulsar Tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mcdevo76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mike D. Had the black extended cab 4.7, 5 speed with nitrous.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Mike D. Had the black extended cab 4.7, 5 speed with nitrous.

Oh sweet, nice hearing from you man. Not too many still have their Dakotas. Mine is still in relatively good shape just need to get the T56 back in. Hard to find a clutch that fits. Using one off a 72 Chevelle SS of all things. Probably needs a custom ***** cylinder spacer but saved me a lot versus a custom clutch. I love my Ram but there will always be a soft spot for my Dak.

Mcdevo76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh sweet, nice hearing from you man. Not too many still have their Dakotas. Mine is still in relatively good shape just need to get the T56 back in. Hard to find a clutch that fits. Using one off a 72 Chevelle SS of all things. Probably needs a custom ***** cylinder spacer but saved me a lot versus a custom clutch. I love my Ram but there will always be a soft spot for my Dak.

Good luck with the clutch, I also love my Ram as well but I definitely miss running thru the gears in the Dak.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Good luck with the clutch, I also love my Ram as well but I definitely miss running thru the gears in the Dak.

The T56 is so much nicer to shift as well. When I was driving more, 6th gear on the highway got some pretty good mileage. Now it's more for better 2-3 shifts on the street and power rating. Turbo will eventually go on to feed the speed itch. Currently it will bark the tires going into 4th gear.

Tony S Drew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On the pulsar..again...purchased and installed. 2 days of pleasure.
Day 3..stalled over and over..surged driving and idling. 2.5 miles to work..stalled on corner..got to work and pulled it out. Emailed them but no response.
Loved top setting..used 6 mostly. But not sure i will even accept replacement..love my 1500 sport(2017),more than the tuner...
I can not find anyone whos had this issue...my truck is fine with it out...but liking its purformance with pulsar..torn!

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Day 3..stalled over and over..surged driving and idling. 2.5 miles to work..stalled on corner..got to work and pulled it out. Emailed them but no response.
Loved top setting..used 6 mostly. But not sure i will even accept replacement..love my 1500 sport(2017),more than the tuner...
I can not find anyone whos had this issue...my truck is fine with it out...but liking its purformance with pulsar..torn!

Wow, that sucks!!
Mine has never stalled and that would be a BIG problem! I do have a steady cruise surge which I have to kill by setting gears 8 or below, but it still is/should be not something one has to do with a 500$ part

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

Doubtful I would have bothered w/ a replacement had that been my experience. Would never be able to fully trust it from a reliability standpoint given that it worked great before it **** the bed. Fortunately mine has been good to go thus far (knocks on wood). If you're not already running a Pedal Commander.... it's worth trying out. I could easily get by w/out the Pulsar w/ a Pedal Commander in play. Nice to have both but if I could only run one or the other, it would be the PC every time.

hosspwr94

Reaction score
Ram Year
1995 5.9 single cab under construction, 2018 Bright white 6.7 Laramie Sport 2500
Engine
5.9 Magnum, 6.7 Cummins
I can not find anyone who's had this issue...my truck is fine with it out...but liking its performance with pulsar..torn!
I had the same thing happen on my 2018 Sport last month with the pulsar, only had the module on for 3 months or so, luckily it didn't fail while pulling my car to Dallas a week prior. Edge sent a replacement with an update to it they said. The new one so far has been fine, but if it happens again, I'm out. I'd rather be stock than driving with a time bomb failure waiting to happen.

Djoker04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 1500 2015
Engine
HEMI
I just installed the Edge in my 2017 5.7L and drove around town checking out the different levels and As I only use my truck for daily driving around town and towing my toyhauler I can tell you that this unit has made my truck a better performer over stock. I like 5 & 6 for towing and around town the best as I really have not much need for level 7 & 8 even though it did perform very well and I only use 87 & 89. For the money this was the best mod for my application.

What was your MPG B4 and aft? Has it been consistent? I have a 7x14 Toy Hauler and this my MAIN reason for getting the edge

I'm installing one this week in mine.