New From WA State

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CuckT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I have been driving a 2016 1500 Hemi that I bought new and have loved. I just retired last week after 30 years with Dept. of Natural Resources where I have been managing the state's wildfire program, a job I have loved. After a week and a half, I'm pretty sure I can get used to this retirement gig. This summer we bought a small new travel trailer that we plan to use A LOT - it's a 24' trailer, 5Klbs empty, 7K loaded - hopefully including an Alaska trip next year. My current RAM with WDH pulls it fine but I decided (actually my wonderful wife suggested) to treat myself to a new truck. Given the size of our TT and based on experience from a number of people who have the same one they pull with a RAM, I decided to stay with a 1500 but with Eco-diesel and a lot of bells and whistles I've never had before as this is likely the last new vehicle I'll ever buy. I'm worth it - right? I ordered it last week - Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab short box - and was told to expect a 14-16wk wait. I happened to be at the dealership this morning for an oil change and my dealer checked the status of my order. Much to my - and his - surprise - computer has VIN and VON numbers assigned, says it is in the production schedule of the factory, and has an estimated ship date of 1/29, which would be only 2 1/2 weeks after order. We're hoping it's not an error!!

Last edited:

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Fingers crossed here that the order actually gets filled that fast!

Nothing personal but after I retired I was not sorry I wasn't gonna be dealing with DNR again...ever... ;)

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Welcome to RamForum.

OP
OP
C

CuckT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
There may be some light on the horizon for orders. Or, maybe I'm being lied to!:) Placed order at my dealer on 1/5 for a 2022 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab short bed Ecodiesel. Dealer said to expect 3-4 month wait. But, by the 11th, the order was in the system, VIN and VON assigned, all parts available and scheduled for production with an estimated ship date of 1/29 which would be less than 3 weeks from order. Hope it happens. I do have a question for anyone who has traded in another RAM on their new truck. I have a 2016 Tradesman Hemi Club Cab 4X4 with 65K miles I'll either trade in or sell myself. Have you been able to get Blue Book - more - less for trade ins lately?