New Glock G45

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by HemiPower36, Sep 24, 2018.

1. HemiPower36

HemiPower36 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7
    I am not a Glock “fan boy” by any means lol. However, earlier this year, I fell in love with the Glock 19x:
    [​IMG]
    Only thing that kept me from buying this firearm was the fact that it only came in “coyote tan.”
    Any who, Glock announced a new firearm to the line up. They are calling it the “Glock G45.” It is a blend of features found on the new generation 5 Glock and the Glock 19x. Pretty much a blend all all the key features from both guns into one. Glock G45:
    [​IMG]

Read this most current article for details:
    https://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2018/09/glock-45-crossover-pistol-review/

[​IMG]

Anywho, I will be buying my first Glock. I was going to buy the Smith and Wesson 2.0 full size 9mm to replace my original M&P. Change of plans. The Glock G45 just won my money and I will be buying it early next month upon release.

What do you gun enthusiasts think? Opinions and comments are welcomed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Statcher1

Statcher1 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Doesn’t look to bad. I’d take either of them myself. But I filled that void with HK VP9 last year. And haven’t looked back since.

DarthMegaHD and HemiPower36 like this.
  3. DarthMegaHD

DarthMegaHD Senior Member Military Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 6.4 MegaCab 4x4 Black Edition
    Glock is funny to me. I won't deny their reliability, as they should be. Any gun better be reliable or else it's a safety hazard and should be destroyed. I digress. All through their generations it seems they just mix and match features and preferences and maybe include one new one that most other brands have been doing (OMG, front serrations?!), and people gobble it up like fat kids with birthday cake. I understand the logistics and practicality of choosing a glock. They're so popular that parts and accessories are always abundantly readily available. But for the same price point I choose guns that really appeal to me. I get it, they're not supposed to be anything special, they're tools that get the job done guaranteed. I guess I like nice looking tools, call me fancy. I've considered buying a glock, I truly have, but it never develops into a purchase. If the day comes that I do buy one, it'll most likely be a 10mm.;)

Aside from looks and features, I've held and shot glocks and they've never given that warm and fuzzy "oh yes" feeling, the feels-good-in-hand factor. And I find that an important factor, that when operating it, it feels less like a tool and more of an extension of your body. Also why I don't own a 1911.
    (Preparing to block and dodge ALL the flames :hidesbehindsofa:)

4. chrisp2493

chrisp2493 Always Modding

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    392 Hemi
    Very fair assessment. A handgun has to fit the users hand and comfort. I’ve only owned glocks. I have tried shopping for other brands (S&W, Springfield) and just couldn’t get used to the grip feel. So I stick with the tried and true. Reason I like the new generations is I get the older gen pistols that are still super reliable for dirt cheap haha. My current is a USA made Glock 34 and I love it, it’s so comfortable to shoot. I need to get a Glock 19 again for a smaller carry gun, this 35 is huge for concealed [​IMG]

I Bleed Ram Trucks

5. atom13

atom13 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Na
    Engine:
    Na
    I have pretty much every major brand pistols. My favorite is my dan wesson 1911 and 5" 357. I carry a glock. I have a g35 comp lightly modified. I have a shield as a truck gun secondary. My bedside is a g19. I have 15 or so pistols total from $300-$2500.

When I go shoot I bring the toys and my primaries above.

Every single time I shoot the g19. I dont really aim I just point and pull. And every damn time it hits where I point. I sometimes wish it would fail or under perform. But no it never does. So at the end of every range session I don't get the urge or excuse to buy a hk or another sig. The glock is one of my latest purchases. Yes I used to be that guy that didn't get the fuss. I had a strong dislike for glocks until I bought and shot one.

It really is an extension of my hand and doesn't feel like a tool. Unlike my 1911 which I love. My glock is a g shock while the 1911 is a Rolex. To me tools aren't meant to convey emotions. The act of using the tool for its intended purpose is the emotion. If diving is what you love. You don't dive so you can wear a Rolex.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    RammerHarder likes this.
  6. atom13

atom13 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Na
    Engine:
    Na
    [​IMG]

Here's some of the reasons why I want my g19 to suck.

tones2SS, chrisp2493 and Fitz87gn like this.
  7. Fitz87gn

Fitz87gn Veteran 66-68 Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    2003 1500 & 2018 2500
    Engine:
    5.7 & 6.4
    HemiPower, I have a similar bias to Atom. I am old school. Respectfully, can not get my head around a plastic gun. My son is a comp shooter and loves his two Glocks. Last time we shot, he asked me to just try a clip. I will admit, it was smooth. I handed him my Beretta 40 with molded finger grips and he shot a clip. "Yeh I get it,,, but I still like my Glocks" For me the look and feel of a steel/real gun, is all I can accept. BUT, IGNORE MY RESPONSE. GET WHAT SATISFIES AND WORKS FOR YOU. Fitz

RammerHarder likes this.
  8. DarthMegaHD

DarthMegaHD Senior Member Military Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 6.4 MegaCab 4x4 Black Edition
    Only one thing I forgot to say. There is no single gun that is perfect for everyone

RammerHarder and Fitz87gn like this.
  9. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac Hold my beer and watch this..... Military Member

Ram Year:
    2018 1500 Laramie
    Engine:
    3.0 EcoDiesel
    I bought my first Glock (a G19 9mm Gen4) last year and and have nothing but praise for it. I've put probably 300 rounds through it, sometimes as fast as I could pull the trigger and never a hiccup. If you can get past the looks or the material it's made of, you'll have a firearm that is accurate and as reliable as you can get in my opinion.

RammerHarder likes this.
  10. HemiPower36

HemiPower36 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7
    Thanks for the responses. Turns out, I am still torn. Now, I am leaning back towards the M&P 2.0. I have been to the range a few times and tested both (M&P 2.0/Glock G45).

I decided I was going to go to the range again after thanksgiving. Whatever one “speaks to me” the most after that trip is the one I will buy.

For some background. I work patrol in one of the largest agencies in the country. I was issued the original M&P. I think the original M&P is a good gun but, after putting thousands and thousands of rounds through....I find it is lacking in some areas. The issues have prompted me enough seek a replacement firearm. The issues are the grip texture (or complete lack there of) and the trigger. Incase anyone was wondering, I never had a malfunction with this firearm. Very reliable.

I appreciate the comments above regarding steel framed firearms. My department switched from the beretta to the M&P a number of years ago. Variety of reasons.

I own steel frame guns and I love them. However, on patrol, a polymer striker fired pistol is a must have in my opinion. Stay tuned, going to post up a photo in the coming weeks.

Fitz87gn and RammerHarder like this.