New guy from the U.K.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SchrodeMode

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What's up? I figured I'd introduce myself before I start posting any questions I come up with.

I picked up a 2014 1500 Big Horn from a guy I worked with over here in the U.K., both of us are AMMO in the Air Force. He picked it up new in Alaska and it only had 34k miles on it when I bought it in April of this year. He was moving back to the States and was going to trade it in, I figured he and I could both make out a little bit better if we kept a dealer out of it. I was coming up on my last year here (got stationed here in '13) and figured this would be one less thing I'd have to worry about when we moved. I'm not gonna lie, I never thought I'd own a Ram. Nothing against them, I'm from a mostly GM family and I've never really looked into them. Since owning it though, I don't really have any complaints...other than it being a really tight fit sometimes over here. That's about it for now, I'll end up looking into wiring diagrams when I get closer to leaving and can undo the light conversion.

Thanks for any future help,

Brett

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
What's up? I figured I'd introduce myself before I start posting any questions I come up with.

I picked up a 2014 1500 Big Horn from a guy I worked with over here in the U.K., both of us are AMMO in the Air Force. He picked it up new in Alaska and it only had 34k miles on it when I bought it in April of this year. He was moving back to the States and was going to trade it in, I figured he and I could both make out a little bit better if we kept a dealer out of it. I was coming up on my last year here (got stationed here in '13) and figured this would be one less thing I'd have to worry about when we moved. I'm not gonna lie, I never thought I'd own a Ram. Nothing against them, I'm from a mostly GM family and I've never really looked into them. Since owning it though, I don't really have any complaints...other than it being a really tight fit sometimes over here. That's about it for now, I'll end up looking into wiring diagrams when I get closer to leaving and can undo the light conversion.

Brett
Welcome from a fellow Brit. Lol. Although now live in the U.S.

So the truck being a tight fit is your only complaint? What about gas!! Hahah. Costs a small fortune does gas in the UK.

Where u from? (I'm a Sheffield lad) haha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome

OP
OP
S

SchrodeMode

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome from a fellow Brit. Lol. Although now live in the U.S.

So the truck being a tight fit is your only complaint? What about gas!! Hahah. Costs a small fortune does gas in the UK.

Where u from? (I'm a Sheffield lad) haha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm American, so I do get a decent price compared to off-base but still pretty expensive compare to where I'm from (Louisiana).

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Hey welcome post a few pics of truck!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

ETX Ram

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Longhorn Southfork Edition
Engine
6.4L Hemi
:welcome:from the "left side" of the pond Brett! I'm currently sorta close to your neck of the woods working off of a heavy lift barge between the Shetland Islands and the Netherlands decommissioning and removing an oilfield production platform. You've come to the best RAM forum around. Lots of good folks and info for your new ride.
Lee

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'll end up looking into wiring diagrams when I get closer to leaving and can undo the light conversion.

Brett

What lighting conversion are you talking about? Did the previous owner upgrade the stock quads to oem Projectors? Or is their an hid kit or retrofit headlights installed? Post some pics and we could easily help you go back to stock if that’s what you want but just a heads up, the stock headlights (quads) are practically unusable at night. I don’t even know how they are legal from the factory, they are THAT bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

SchrodeMode

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What lighting conversion are you talking about? Did the previous owner upgrade the stock quads to oem Projectors? Or is their an hid kit or retrofit headlights installed? Post some pics and we could easily help you go back to stock if that’s what you want but just a heads up, the stock headlights (quads) are practically unusable at night. I don’t even know how they are legal from the factory, they are THAT bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No upgrades, it was to make it legal in the U.K.

The fog lights were swapped to LED, which I like but they’re also the front parking lights now (just not full power) instead of the amber.

The reverse lights are now the rear turn signal and the actual reverse light is an LED license plate bolt. The other license plate bolt is a red LED and is my rear fog light.

My main complaint is the reverse lights, I could really use the extra light while backing down my street at night.

B2028EB1-09CA-4D9D-BC07-255E016BDD16.jpeg 3A113B18-AF6B-4989-9AD5-B187494DA3F2.jpeg