New Guy here from central MS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobStarMafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Newbie from Mississippi!

I recently traded in my 2011 Tacoma for this 2018 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi Ram 4x4 with only 49k miles.

To make a long story short, my dad sadly passed away at the end of March 2022, and since, left me his 1970 Dodge Challenger along with the aluminum trailer he used to pull it to long distance shows with.

I knew the Tacoma wasn't going to cut it when it came to pulling this car, so I began looking for a full sized truck. Since I've always been a mopar nut... for obvious reasons! ha! It only made sense for me to go with a Ram.

Dad purchased the Challenger back in 2004, the year I graduated high school, and since then we worked on it together and built tons of memories along the way. It is originally a 383 R/T numbers matching car for those interested. Currently it has a 440 magnum installed, and the number matching engine is sitting safely on the engine stand in my garage.

I'm really enjoying the "new to me" Ram! It's definitely the nicest truck I've ever owned! Here's a pic of the truck and the car.

j9r6x5ulrf991.jpg
IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

Wanted33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Welcome Rob, and my sympathies on your loss. I know what that Challenger means to you. My Dad passed many years back, but his old car keeps his memory alive.

He gave this to my wife as a wedding present. He said it was because he liked her better than he did me. However, that wasn't a big secret as the 2 were thick as thieves. :)

'67 Camaro Rally Sport. It's been in the family since 1973. I got it in 1977.

Camaro Pics 014.jpg

OP
OP
RobStarMafia

RobStarMafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
He gave this to my wife as a wedding present.
That's one heck of a wedding present! haha! I can't think of any better gift to give someone and at the same time keep your memory alive... Thanks for sharing, and also for the kind words! I really appreciate it.

SixAddict

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome and congrats on your “new” to you truck.

I love the old mopars, growing up they were a dime a dozen.
We bought and sold them for hundreds of dollars.., now hundreds of thousands.

OP
OP
RobStarMafia

RobStarMafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love the old mopars, growing up they were a dime a dozen.
We bought and sold them for hundreds of dollars.., now hundreds of thousands.
I love them too! It's amazing how crazy the market has gotten in the last 5 years... They've gone sky high! Dad told me once that he was glad he bought the chally when he did, because if he had waited, he would not have been able to afford it today.

Last edited:

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
:party36: :welcome: :party36:Sorry for your loss. That is a fine car for sure. I too live in east central Mississippi. Enjoy your new to you truck.

2.JPG