new guy interior questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alberta Mac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
my 93 is an extra cab. The po put powered ford seats in, nice enough but I would like to put in heated powered seats that are comfortable and wondering if anyone has suggestions ?

- The truck is a bit of a project and needs carpet and wondering what my options are /

- when driving there is not much of a seal between the rubber and drivers door while the pass door has no rubber seal and wind and rain just blow in !

- Wondering how I can cut the noise down once I replace door seals or if I need to ?

thnx

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
older trucks will generally be noisier than newer vehicles. You can dump a bunch of $$ on dynamat and such. I'd work on the firewall, floors rear cab wall and take the doors apart and do the insides of the doors. the roof, not much you can do about that without putting in a lot of time and probably more $$

unfortunately, there's a direct path from the front cowl/outside and the front kick panel vents/heater box. the front cowl where the wipers sit drains directly into the side of the truck right in front of the door hinges. this "box" leads directly into the cab via big approx. 8x6 openings for ventilation and water drainage as well. I'm working out a way to seal these off from the inside on my project trucks. I'm deleting the factory heater box to get this done though.

I think getting new seals on the doors will help ALOT!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock