New Guy on the block (looking to buy used truck)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Old Mopar Guy

Old Mopar Guy

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Found this one and it's been online for a week now.
Not sure why someone hasn't bought it yet?

Am I missing some thing in this ad or the CARFAX that would create a "RED FLAG" and not turn someone off of buying this vehicle?

What am I missing???

Attachments

• 2010 x Ddge RanLaramieCarFax.pdf
    960.2 KB · Views: 1
OP
OP
Old Mopar Guy

Old Mopar Guy

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I've been in contact with a salesman there and he said it hasn't moved because the offers they received would not qualify for the loan.

Eventually some time today or in the next few days we may run out there to take a look.

Their site has more pics of it:

OP
OP
Old Mopar Guy

Old Mopar Guy

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I tell ya I have met several liars at these dealerships I've gone to while here in AZ!
The young salesman on this RAM told me that the people who showed up wanting to be this truck couldn't qualify for the loan. We get there and the owner is on the lot and I ask him what this truck hasn't sold yet.
He said it's because it's RWD not 4WD.
My wife and I get in it to drive it off the lot and the steering makes a clicking noise when turning the steering wheel left or right. We drive it off the lot on to the street and down the block the front-end is all over the place and the tire/ steering is really sloppy as though the steering rack is shot. Loose as hell and hard to keep in line.
We turn around down the block and bring it back and explain that the steering is bad and that the left rear door would not unlock remotely or manually.
The owner was gone and the salesman said that he'd note it.
Never asked what it would take to get us to buy it or that they'd fix it and give us a call back.
They just wanted some sucker to offload it on that would take it as is was my thinking!
I'm really disappointed when a dealer claims he's been in the business for 30yrs and that they do a thorough 90 point inspection at a local garage. The owner of the dealership said his garage would tell him if any vehicle was a P.O.S. and not sales worthy.

*****!

OP
OP
Old Mopar Guy

Old Mopar Guy

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Taking a test drive this Tuesday. Found others before this one and they were gone in a day. Laramie Longhorn's too. Last one was a 2019 very low miles at $39K. It was pristine! As we flew out to Phoenix from Seattle is was sold! Been on a wild search and found this. Dealer owner said it's on its way from California. There's a scratch in the Right Rear passenger seat bottom cushion, dent in the tailgate and a rubber adjuster missing from the passenger side center console vent. Other than that from the photos and the back and forth phone calls from the dealer owner it seems legit. It has more miles than I'd like and that the only downfall.
The dealer owner said he will take care of the rear seat, tailgate and rubber on the vent. He said he has a PDR man that will look at the tailgate and if not he will pay to have the body work done on the tailgate.

What should I be aware of and looking for when actually see and test drive it?

What am I missing???