New Guy with 2014 Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghost1500

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hi everyone!

I am new here and I just obtained my Dad's Black 2014 Ram 1500 4X4 Crew Cab. I named it Fred! Ha, ha... I think it is a sport. It has the Hemi 5.7L V-8 too. I love it! I just ordered a new rear bumper for it as my Dad backed into something...? It has 19,701 miles on it. Was sitting since 2018, the year he passed away. I did do an oil change with Fram fully synthetic 5w20 but plan (just to get it from his old house to mine) on switching to Liqui Moly MolyGen 5W30 for my next oil change with a can of their hydraulic lifter additive. And of course with a Mopar OEM filter. Just ordered 6 of those. lol.... I also cleaned and detailed the interior and engine bay. They were gross!!!!! Both look like new now!

It may need new tires too and possibly new brakes from sitting but it was basically a free truck so I really plan on taking care of it. I also just ordered a cover so I can do the cabin air filter mod. I want to also put some carbon fiber side mirror covers on (doesn't have to be real carbon fiber), some carbon fiber handle covers, and black out the lights on it a bit. not too much though as my Dad did a pretty good job accessorizing it so far. He had a big rig light bar on the roof, mud flaps, really nice tonneau cover, nice nerf bars & wind deflectors. If anyone has any leads on where to get this stuff not expensive, please let me know. Well, that's about it so far. Thanks for looking and thank you for having a really cool community here!

Best regards,

-Mike

Attachments

• image000000 (1).jpg
    image000000 (1).jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Congrats on getting it going again, sorry for your loss. Yours should already have the filter and door ,take a look .

OP
OP
Ghost1500

Ghost1500

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Yup, mine has nothing. Just a flat space where it supposed to be. I was amazed to see nothing there. I have a sharp knife and the cabin air filter already. And thank you for the kind words.

Br,

-Mike

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I used a plumbers torch to heat the razor knife blade every few inches , cut it just like warm butter .

OP
OP
Ghost1500

Ghost1500

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Great idea! I have one of those! Thank you!

Br,

-Mike

OP
OP
Ghost1500

Ghost1500

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Cool truck, Harley! Like the color!

Best regards,

-Mike

Ramagain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think I saw another thread you've started regarding fluid changes.
Good to see the background story. Very sorry for your families loss, but happy to see your keeping your dad's truck. You should get many memories in his legacy ride.

OP
OP
Ghost1500

Ghost1500

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I think I saw another thread you've started regarding fluid changes.
Good to see the background story. Very sorry for your families loss, but happy to see your keeping your dad's truck. You should get many memories in his legacy ride.

Thank you very much. I also have his 1947 Ford Business Coupe too. I have a few pics somewhere but I might sell that one. I'm undecided... I really have no place for it.

I just got in all of my oil changes for the next 10,000 miles along with the Mopar o.a.t coolant. I am also accenting the truck in carbon fiber in places. I may do that in some of the interior too. I am also looking at a solid black honeycomb upper grill. I absolutely love this truck! I just put a new black bumper on it since the old one was toast. Made the truck look so much better. Tomorrow my black 3 foot bumper guard will be in too. I am also looking at a Lamin-X type tint for the 3rd brake light, rear tails, and front with fogs. Not too dark, but not too light either.

I am thinking of putting carbon fiber overlays over the Hemi, Ram 1500, and the 4X4 on the back. Maybe put some carbon fiber overlays in the middle of the spoke on the factory chrome 20's too. So far that's the plan for the truck. I already put a new battery, oil change, new rear bumper, and a cabin air filter mod on it already. I have a W.W.P muffler replacement coming on Thursday too. Not doing anything else performance wise to it. I can't wait to get the title in so I can register it and start driving it. I will keep this thread going as I put more things on the truck. Thank you to everyone for all the interest.

Best regards,

-Mike

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hello from Canada, I have a 14 sport,red fairly well loaded
I don’t have a cabin air filter in mine
It’s a club cab as well, as I wanted more box size

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Howdy - sorry for the loss of your dad but it will be great to remember him through this truck. Just remember how you feel driving it and I’m sure he felt the same way :)

OP
OP
Ghost1500

Ghost1500

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thank you. I love this truck. Did quite a bit to it so far. It's turning out beautiful. My Dad would like what I did to it for sure....

Best regards,

-Mike