New guy with older RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

any4xx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hey Folks,

I just bought a 2014 RAM 2500 Crew Cab 4WD Cummins Laramie. My long-time habit when buying something different is to find the most active forum to join then go lurking full time to learn as much as I can. I’m one of those guys who doesn’t easily trust mechanics and like to do all of my own work.

Currently I’m in the slow process of moving from the CA central coast to Marana, AZ. I was born and raised here in CA, but have also lived in NE Kansas and I also still have a place in Rio Rancho, NM. I’m hoping that by next year I’ll have all my eggs in one basket and be settled in AZ full time.

I have a part time gig driving dealer trades for a local dealership so I’ve driven a lot of RAM and Silverado trucks. I honestly don’t prefer one over the other. I’ve owned several Chevrolet trucks over the years, but never a Dodge or RAM truck. But I’m in a position wherein I need a truck again and this truck landed in my lap in a most peculiar way and the deal was just too good to pass up. I picked it up Sunday near Provo, UT and drove it home to CA. It ran without any real issues.

I’m looking forward to seeking out a few answers here and hopefully contributing in some meaningful way as time passes.

Tom.

Last edited:

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Welcome to RamForum, congrats on the truck.

MSgtZ

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Welcome, ask away on questions and we will answer to the best of our abilities and experience. :welcome:

OP
OP
any4xx

any4xx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Welcome to to Forum, Great choice with the CTD, allot of experience here.
Funny thing is that i really didn’t even want the Cummins. I was just looking for a lighter duty truck to do some occasional towing & hauling. But the deal was just too good to pass up. After driving it for just shy of two weeks now I’m really happy to have it.

bootyendeavor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Funny thing is that i really didn’t even want the Cummins. I was just looking for a lighter duty truck to do some occasional towing & hauling. But the deal was just too good to pass up. After driving it for just shy of two weeks now I’m really happy to have it.

Tell me you got the 2nd gen dodge? If so congratulations... I have a 3rd gen and am gonna do the 2nd gen Cummins swap for my gasser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome, in terms of a Cummins a 2014 isn’t probably considered old at all...congrats