New Headlights and Taillights for 21 1500 Classic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BakedMech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Guys - This is my first post. A few Months ago I bought a 21 Ram 1500 Classic and am in Love with my Truck. The only part I am not completely loving is my headlights and taillights. I would love to swap them out for something sharper looking. I love the lights on the 5th Gen just not the body. I am having difficulty locating lights for my truck. Most websites when I enter the year it only shows 5th Gen. Should I be searching for 2018 parts?

Has anyone upgraded their lights and have a recommendation? I'm in Canada if that helps at all.

Thanks!

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It won't be cheap, but check out places like Headlight Revolution, their site is very informational, and go from there.

Headlight Revolution - The Best LED Truck Lighting
Ad·https://www.headlightrevolution.com/

(218) 755-5200
Shop Our Huge Selection of High Performance HID & LED Headlight Conversion Kits. The Headlight Revolution is here and it's time to upgrade your lighting. Top Brands. Shop with Confidence. Secure Shopping. Types: LED Fog Lights, Emergency Lighting, Light Bars

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same problem with finding parts for my '19 Classic. So yes if they don't have "classic" as a choice search for parts for a 2018. I still have my stock smoked headlights but I put LED's in them however I did upgrade to Alpharex taillights. They look completely different. No one else has anything that looks like these. I also changed my tailgate badge for a lighted one.

And welcome to the site!

20211020_181901.jpg

Last edited:

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the ram forum and yes I would just search up to 2018 as the classic is still the 4th gen 09-18.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
Should I be searching for 2018 parts?

Has anyone upgraded their lights and have a recommendation? I'm in Canada if that helps at all.
Yes, you should search for 2018 unless the site has 2021 DS Classic/4th Gen and DT 5th gen options.

For tail lights there are stock Gen 4.5 2019+ 2500 and 3500 options that look great and work, and Ontario wreckers occasionally have decent deals.

For headlights all the aftermarket options I like (AlphaRex and Morimoto) are fairly expensive with exchange and import fees. I don't mind the black quads mine came with.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BakedMech

BakedMech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The more I look into the Headlights I think I am going to leave them stock.

I never thought about checking out Wrecker's shop. Great Idea!

I am for sure set on changing out the Taillight's though.