New Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Wanted to add this. I removed ALL the chrome and painted everything flat black. The XBHalos from Morimoto are extremely bright.

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok got the new headlights installed and almost everything working. Stupid DRL harness was too sort so wen I get home I will have to make an extension for it. Here are 2 pictures I took just after I finished the install:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The above is with just the 140mm halos, the 60mm and 80mm ambers turned on. You may notice the little red led's in the grill. Those are from the morimoto harness I am using to power the halo's with.

This one is with the HiD's turned on. As you can see in both pictures those Halo's are EXTREMELY bright. I will get a picture in the daylight so you can see the headlights without them turned on.
I took both pictures with my cel phone from around 25 feet away.

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok here are the daylight pictures I promiced. Again taken with my phone so excuse the bad quality:

Lights off:

Halo's on:

krakaman24

2018 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
As you can see in both pictures those Halo's are EXTREMELY bright. I will get a picture in the daylight so you can see the headlights without them turned on.
I took both pictures with my cel phone from around 25 feet away.

You ain't kidding! Those Halo's are brighter than my Spyder's were! Nice job! I've got the itch now for sure. Just need to win the lottery to afford all that....

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You ain't kidding! Those Halo's are brighter than my Spyder's were! Nice job! I've got the itch now for sure. Just need to win the lottery to afford all that....

Most likely Jeremey could have done them a it cheaper than what I spent. But I wanted to do the work myself. Lemme figure the total price out that I actually spent on them. Also remember I removed all the chrome from the reflectors so if you leave the chrome on they will be a ton brighter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok guys here is the total cost of what I paid:

Headlight housing: $159.95 + $85 for disassembly by Jeremy and shipping.
HiD harness: $40.00
Morimoto Mini projectors and 90mm halo: $164.99
The above I got through Jeremy at Retroshop.

These next parts I got through H1: Morimoto Elite HID System - HID Systems from The Retrofit Source Inc

Morimoto XB Angel Eyes Halo's:

140mm: $55.00
80mm amber: $55.00
60mm Amber: $55.00

Corner marker relay harness: $25.00

To turn the 80mm halo into a turn signal I got the dual brightness harness from AAC style in New Orleans: Advanced Automotive Concepts- AACstyle.com

$15.00 for the small wire.

Now there are some other things that I bought to finish the install but their cost was less than $20.00 so ill just add that.

Total cost being: $675.00. Remember though I added 3 extra Halo's and several other items into the mix to get what I wanted. Jeremy may be able to hand out a better price but without the extra halo's.

devans

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like 'em. They are definitely different from anything I've seen. Nice work.
This is not meant as an insult but with the halos on it gives the lights a crazy hypnotic eyes look. Again I like 'em.

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like 'em. They are definitely different from anything I've seen. Nice work.
This is not meant as an insult but with the halos on it gives the lights a crazy hypnotic eyes look. Again I like 'em.

No insult taken. They do give my truck that one of a kind appearance though. Like you say if you look too long you might get hypnotized.:Whoa:

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
FOund a glitch with my Hid's. Sometimes the passenger side will not light up when I turn on my lights. But a quick off and then back on turn them on. Not sure what is causing this. But as long as the light stays on I can live with it. Just gotta remove them to get them straight. Both sides are tilted a little bit and need to be rotated maybe 5 degrees or so.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
freakin' ignitor in the ballast is acting up, is it cold there?

Shoot me an email, I'll drop ya the contact info for TRS - they'll get you on a list for replacements (they'll be soon)