New here and 1st CAI post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eloy Villarreal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i have a 2019 Classic ram. Looking into upgrading to a CAI. Looking into the MOPAR, Blackhawk (K&N), or S&B.
When it comes to maintenance and needing to leave filter drying, what do you use in the meantime if you need to drive your ram? Do you have two oil filter?

Also hope I posted this right, first time in here.

Last edited:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome, I'll get the popcorn.
Since May, 2015. I joined right after I had completed my set-up (mines a bit custom, they don't make the "Air Grabber" for the 3rd gen). I love it and can't say enough great things about it. Zero complaints or issues.
1. Just be "methodical" when installing it, the filter and lid so it lines up and seals properly, you may get dust past the filter if you don't.
2. Don't tighten it (lid) down like a bear, it might crack the pan over time if you do.
The filter, pan and lid have a very precise fit and you need to make sure everything is lined up is all.
People that complain about this are just ignorant and can't follow instructions, so you'll hear that "bash" going on.
Tray
IMG_20150909_192214_762.jpg

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Does anyone have the vararam with challenger hood, the center protrudes a bit more than standard so i’d imagine it would require additional seal height.

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since May, 2015. I joined right after I had completed my set-up (mines a bit custom, they don't make the "Air Grabber" for the 3rd gen). I love it and can't say enough great things about it. Zero complaints or issues.
1. Just be "methodical" when installing it, the filter and lid so it lines up and seals properly, you may get dust past the filter if you don't.
2. Don't tighten it (lid) down like a bear, it might crack the pan over time if you do.
The filter, pan and lid have a very precise fit and you need to make sure everything is lined up is all.
People that complain about this are just ignorant and can't follow instructions, so you'll hear that "bash" going on.
Tray
View attachment 163273
Thank you for the information! I've seen mixed reviews on it and wanted another opinion on it. I like hearing that you've had it on for 4 years with no problems. It looks good on your truck!

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anyone have the vararam with challenger hood, the center protrudes a bit more than standard so i’d imagine it would require additional seal height.
Easily accomplished with "Steal Rubber Products" additional rubber seal super glued (welds rubber) to the existing seal to raise it, that's what I did to make mine seal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atomota