New here, looking for info not drama

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slisk250

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just bought a 2022 Bighorn 1500 to replace a totaled Tacoma. Didn’t like that truck anyway. Lucky my kid wasn’t hurt. Not much in stock around and could not wait to order one So I bought this one. Silver, night edition, off road, package B, 3.92.

Didnt get everything I wanted. Couldn’t find this with a 33 gallon tank or upgraded stereo. Waiting on a 2022 interface and Fox box to upgrade the stereo.

Not interested in any tire/wheel/lift upgrades at all, just some lighting and fender flares and waiting on an ARE topper. I’d put a photo but it’s under snow right now. I’m located in the tall cool pines of Aspen Park, CO.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK, well :welcome: to the forum and glad all PPL's were ok and not hurt. Enjoy your new ride and enjoy. Since U live in a wet/snowy area, depending upon the tires on your truck, if you have the stock SRA's, they are kinda poor performers, U may want to consider a "shoe" upgrade. Again, Congrats.

OP
OP
slisk250

slisk250

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK, well :welcome: to the forum and glad all PPL's were ok and not hurt. Enjoy your new ride and enjoy. Since U live in a wet/snowy area, depending upon the tires on your truck, if you have the stock SRA's, they are kinda poor performers, U may want to consider a "shoe" upgrade. Again, Congrats.
Thx. Geico paid handsomely for a 5.5 year old Taco with 70K on it so it all worked out. Kid learned a valuable lesson (rolled it on 285 going too fast in the slush). Wildpeaks on this truck so I’m good for now. I’m part of the great resignation so don’t have to run the US285 gauntlet into Denver daily…like today. It’s always a mess. No way I’d live where I do if I had to work

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thx. Geico paid handsomely for a 5.5 year old Taco with 70K on it so it all worked out. Kid learned a valuable lesson (rolled it on 285 going too fast in the slush). Wildpeaks on this truck so I’m good for now. I’m part of the great resignation so don’t have to run the US285 gauntlet into Denver daily…like today. It’s always a mess. No way I’d live where I do if I had to work
YUP, I have AT3W Falkens "C" rated, not need "E", worked well in our 8" of snow and ice we got last February. I know, not much to you, but that was 8 years of snow in one day here, and U know no snow plows or ne thing like that here. So DOT used Road Graders and just scrapped the roads to ice palaces. I had to drive on shoulder and in grass to get to town (took them 3 days to get to FM roads so traction was better till they scrapped the roads, as they were already frozen, and no salt/dirt ne thing on rural roads). (I have to go up hill to house/down to town) (live off of a Farm/Market Road). Tires worked very well indeed. If I had SRA's on, I would not have gotten out of my driveway.

New tire on truck.jpgNew tires left side truck.jpg

OP
OP
slisk250

slisk250

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
YUP, I have AT3W Falkens "C" rated, not need "E", worked well in our 8" of snow and ice we got last February. I know, not much to you, but that was 8 years of snow in one day here, and U know no snow plows or ne thing like that here. So DOT used Road Graders and just scrapped the roads to ice palaces. I had to drive on shoulder and in grass to get to town (took them 3 days to get to FM roads so traction was better till they scrapped the roads, as they were already frozen, and no salt/dirt ne thing on rural roads). (I have to go up hill to house/down to town) (live off of a Farm/Market Road). Tires worked very well indeed. If I had SRA's on, I would not have gotten out of my driveway.

View attachment 483992View attachment 483993
I’m not sure what rating my Falkens are. I’d check now but it looks cold out there. Hey, snow is snow. I’m originally from AZ. If it snowed enough to stick in Mesa, I’d never leave the house. Nobody there can drive the snow and the 2wd rear powered cars are useless with highway tires on. It would be like watching the Rockford figure 8 trailer races. I have many Texas friends from my past work for Aramco. They say the same thing and it was scary.

Yeah we get some snow here. ATV plow, dual stage blower, and a couple shovels is my life until April.…but no bugs, humidity, or temps over 85!

OP
OP
slisk250

slisk250

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice I moved here I 19 years ago from western NY. I have been living in fountian hills for 17 years. I work at mesa gateway airport
That’s my backyard. For my tastes, if I had to live in AZ again, Fountain Hills is the spot. Close to Scottsdale, closer to the bass and trout fishing, easy to get out of town.

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s my backyard. For my tastes, if I had to live in AZ again, Fountain Hills is the spot. Close to Scottsdale, closer to the bass and trout fishing, easy to get out of town.
I agree that's why I bought a house here. I use to work at the scottsdale airport. It's close to everything that you would want and it's very quiet town

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m not sure what rating my Falkens are. I’d check now but it looks cold out there. Hey, snow is snow. I’m originally from AZ. If it snowed enough to stick in Mesa, I’d never leave the house. Nobody there can drive the snow and the 2wd rear powered cars are useless with highway tires on. It would be like watching the Rockford figure 8 trailer races. I have many Texas friends from my past work for Aramco. They say the same thing and it was scary.

Yeah we get some snow here. ATV plow, dual stage blower, and a couple shovels is my life until April.…but no bugs, humidity, or temps over 85!
Knowing FCA, LOL, prob LT "C", but they R fine. My snow blower (is my riding lawn mower), and shovel (broom). When we got 8" snow/ice, PPL seriously panicked, but I am from NJ, grew up in it. But the electric grid in state failed and a lot of PPL died and such last February. Wat a nightmare, unfortunately. Plenty of bugs, humidity at times, and temp may hit 110 in summer, LOL.

ADDED: Snakes/scorpions and a few other critters too. I have a Natural Rock home and fight scorpions 4 times a year, them buggers nasty and sneaky.

OP
OP
slisk250

slisk250

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Knowing FCA, LOL, prob LT "C", but they R fine. My snow blower (is my riding lawn mower), and shovel (broom). When we got 8" snow/ice, PPL seriously panicked, but I am from NJ, grew up in it. But the electric grid in state failed and a lot of PPL died and such last February. Wat a nightmare, unfortunately. Plenty of bugs, humidity at times, and temp may hit 110 in summer, LOL.

ADDED: Snakes/scorpions and a few other critters too. I have a Natural Rock home and fight scorpions 4 times a year, them buggers nasty and sneaky.
Yeah that was the storm I was talking about. It was terribl. Hope the folks in charge invest some money to keep that crap from happening again.

I’m set up for everything except earthquakes. The power goes out when it storms here (downed pine trees). I’ve got a generator and electric panel set up to switch over to gas power any time I need it. Always have gas here to run the toys…plus a couple cords of wood For the fireplace B83D2A56-991B-4659-9663-FEF0BDAABC32.jpeg

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum, lived in northern Colorado for 6 yrs. loved it there, family trouble had to move back to upstate NY.