New here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dsherman26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is my opinion only: With the finicky RAM Canbus system, I would only use OEM TT control and have flashed by dealer, which is what I had done-installed when I bought my 2019. U do as U see fit.
Duly noted. I'm an electrical engineer, hold a professional engineering license, and I design CAN based industrial engine controls for a living. I'm pretty sure connecting a brake controller that does not interact with the CAN bus in any way is not going to cause any issues. Have a couple friends with RAMs who tow RVs who also have not had any issues with aftermarket brake controllers.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Duly noted. I'm an electrical engineer, hold a professional engineering license, and I design CAN based industrial engine controls for a living. I'm pretty sure connecting a brake controller that does not interact with the CAN bus in any way is not going to cause any issues. Have a couple friends with RAMs who tow RVs who also have not had any issues with aftermarket brake controllers.
Works for me, LOL, GL on that.