New Jersey Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Where do you recommend in Cape May? The furthest south we've been is I think Country Oaks. Been to a couple of others around there, can't remember them all, but never Cape May and my wife always says she wants to go there, but for some reason or another, we never made it

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Sounds like you have some good trips planned already

Thanks, yes, we've haven't had a chance to get out much the past few years, life got in the way. I have the time off in the bank, my wife made me promise I'd use it this year, going to try an take advantage of it.

08taco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, got four trips planned already. Lancaster Pa for the first trip in our new TT, the Pocono's, Niagara Falls, then the Shenandoah Valley. OPEC's going to love me

Niagara Falls is in our list of camping trips in our tt. Last year we camped in NY, VA and PA and some local trips in NJ. So far we only have two booked, one in NJ and one local. Hoping to get a few more booked soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08taco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where do you recommend in Cape May? The furthest south we've been is I think Country Oaks. Been to a couple of others around there, can't remember them all, but never Cape May and my wife always says she wants to go there, but for some reason or another, we never made it

Haven’t been there yet, but our first camping trip will be to Holly Shores which is in Cape May County during Easter weekend. They have a three day weekend special with a bunch of Easter activities and Easter dinner.

I always like to keep our first trip of the camping season close to home incase I have any issues with the tt.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We've been to Holly Shores once and it was nice. We've also been to Acorn campground once. Friends of ours from PA like it there so last year we met them there and got our sites together. We'll probably do that again. And then meet them in Lancaster. Not sure exactly where yet.

We usually stay local. Our two favorite campgrounds are Old Cedar in Monroeville and Roamers Beach (used to be Indian Branch) in Hammonton. We don't need anything fancy just a place to get away.

Last edited:

RogueXpress609

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
be3bf72febed831e759d9d5164b20dc0.jpgthis was a campground we stayed at in lancaster last year. It was really nice. The views were great. Friendly people.

08taco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
be3bf72febed831e759d9d5164b20dc0.jpgthis was a campground we stayed at in lancaster last year. It was really nice. The views were great. Friendly people.

Very nice, another place I’d love to take the family camping!

natethecarlover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wish i could go camping. My truck is far from it and i need to go take my permit and get a job for insurance and gas. Not to mention the camper

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

natethecarlover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
However i at least live in new jersey

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
We've been to Holly Shores once and it was nice. We've also been to Acorn campground once. Friends of ours from PA like it there so last year we met them there and got our sites together. We'll probably do that again. And then meet them in Lancaster. Not sure exactly where yet.

We usually stay local. Our two favorite campgrounds are Old Cedar in Monroeville and Roamers Beach (used to be Indian Branch) in Hammonton. We don't need anything fancy just a place to get away.

Now that you mention it, I actually think we've been to Holly Shores and you're right, it was nice.

Our favorite is Driftstone on the Delaware in Mt Bethel Pa. It's up by the Delaware Water Gap. Not full hookup though, only water and electric, but most of the sites are 4 times the size of other campgrounds. it's a very quiet campground, just how i like it.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500

Is that the Lancaster\ New Holland KOA? That's where we have our reservation, if so, good to hear, thanks.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Haven’t been there yet, but our first camping trip will be to Holly Shores which is in Cape May County during Easter weekend. They have a three day weekend special with a bunch of Easter activities and Easter dinner.

I always like to keep our first trip of the camping season close to home incase I have any issues with the tt.

Agreed, our first one each year is close also. Especially this year, picked up a new camper in Nov and immediately winterized it, so its a big double first this year

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Agreed, our first one each year is close also. Especially this year, picked up a new camper in Nov and immediately winterized it, so its a big double first this year
I would suggest camping in it in your driveway for a night or two. Last year on our 2nd trip out the fridge failed. It was a brand new trailer (left over). Thankfully it was covered under warranty. You never know what could happen on your first couple of trips.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
I would suggest camping in it in your driveway for a night or two. Last year on our 2nd trip out the fridge failed. It was a brand new trailer (left over). Thankfully it was covered under warranty. You never know what could happen on your first couple of trips.

Good idea - I think we'll do that when it gets a little warmer

08taco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Once I uncover it we usually spend sometime in it in the driveway. I installed a 30amp electrical outlet so I’m able to plug the camper in a run the ac and frig to make sure they are working.

Plus it’s nice to have because I’ll usually tune the frig on a day or two before we leave for camping and so that way when we throw the food in it’s already nice and cold in there.

RogueXpress609

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is that the Lancaster\ New Holland KOA? That's where we have our reservation, if so, good to hear, thanks.

Yes it was. We had a nice back in spot in the back. It’s a little more secluded back there. Very relaxing there. You should enjoy it.

RogueXpress609

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wish i could go camping. My truck is far from it and i need to go take my permit and get a job for insurance and gas. Not to mention the camper

Don’t own my own yet. Just lucky to have good friends that have fifth wheels and class a.