New Laramie?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Can you still order new Rams? I'm thinking about getting a Laramie with just a few extras. Doing a search from the Ram truck website didn't produce anything. I am also working with a sales person to see if they can find what I want. I am not in a hurry but can any of you tell me how long it would take to get it, assuming you can still order one? I did do a "Build your own" from the website and the price was reasonable, but I'd like to get it for less if possible.

Gottabdcheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/etorque
Thanks. If you don't mind me asking, what did the dealer require for down payment to place the order?
Don’t mind at all! $500 credit card deposit, and they did run it and charge it. But I am under no obligation to take the truck and it would be refunded.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
My dealer required nothing down and no obligation to take it. It actually helps the dealer.If they can put a name on it.

OP
OP
Glenn54

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
A few more questions:

Which differential/gear ratio for occasional towing?

Which mirrors? I have seen a couple of complaint about the "towing mirrors".

My current must have options are navigation, 18" wheels and a backup camera. What are some of your must have options?

19Jake

♕ REBEL LIFE ♕
Reaction score
Ram Year
'19 Rebel 12 HK
Engine
What are some of your must have options?
5.7L, 3.92, Leather, Blind Spot/Cross Path, Bedliner
F/R Park-Sense, window tint, heated wheel/seats
ram-1500-rebel-12.jpg IMG_2749.JPG IMG_2759.JPG speakers.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Glenn54

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Nice looking Rebel. Thanks for the info. I hadn’t thought about window tint. Can’t do without that in Texas.

RamBlade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A few more questions:

Which differential/gear ratio for occasional towing?

Which mirrors? I have seen a couple of complaint about the "towing mirrors".

My current must have options are navigation, 18" wheels and a backup camera. What are some of your must have options?

I have a Limited with the 5.7L and 3.92 gears. No eTorque and it’s thirsty, but that’s the tradeoff for towing capability. And I don’t drive it very much since I have a take-home work vehicle, so the mileage doesn’t hurt me too bad.

As for the tow mirrors, they were an option that I definitely wanted when I bought this truck. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on perspective), I found my truck on the lot and it didn’t have the tow mirrors, but I bought it anyways.

Now that I’ve had the truck for several months, I’m VERY glad that I don’t have the tow mirrors for a couple of reasons. First of all, you can’t get the surround view camera system with the tow mirrors, and I LOVE the surround view system and use it every single time I drive the truck. It’s a huge help with tight spaces and parking. Secondly, the tow mirrors don’t power fold. I didn’t think that was a big deal, but after having the truck it would be an absolute deal breaker for me. I park my truck in my garage next to a Tahoe. They both fit, but it’s tight. I fold the mirrors when I’m parked to help with space, and sometimes need to fold the mirrors real quick just as I back into the garage depending on the angle that I’ve come in at. Manually folding the mirrors would be a pain in the neck.

And the best part of the standard mirrors is that you don’t really lose any visibility when towing. The wide angle lens in the upper corner of the mirrors works great for any blind spots and the blind spot monitoring system extends past your trailer when towing. I am MUCH happier with the standard power mirrors now that I have them!

Good luck with your new purchase whenever you make it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Glenn54

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks Ramblade. I will be sure to leave the tow mirrors off. I had not thought about the surround view camera but not sure I could get it on a Laramie anyway. The rearview camera is a must though. I appreciate the detailed info.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks Ramblade. I will be sure to leave the tow mirrors off. I had not thought about the surround view camera but not sure I could get it on a Laramie anyway. The rearview camera is a must though. I appreciate the detailed info.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all vehicles required to have backup cams as of 2017? Thought I had seen that somewhere, and it does seem like everything has them anymore.

OP
OP
Glenn54

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
When I went to the Ram dealer in Jasper Tx a few days ago, the salesman told me about several of the Rams on their lot did not have backup cameras. I did not verify. I do wish all new cars had them.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all vehicles required to have backup cams as of 2017? Thought I had seen that somewhere, and it does seem like everything has them anymore.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Backup cameras required for all new cars sometime in 2018. I think it depends on when exactly it is built and there was a deadline in May that I read about. Given how affordable technology is these days I think this is a pretty good law. Anything to give my wife an edge in getting out of the garage I'm all for!

Edit - just looked it up and it was May 2018 they were required. So, it's probably getting pretty rare to find cars/trucks on lots without them but there may still be a few out there.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
unless you tow something big you can get by without the tow mirrors. I have em because I never had em on a truck before and wanted to see better behind me when towing but on my last truck, a 2017 sierra ccsb I bought some nice clip on extensions that worked fine. as for mpg, my ram with 3.92 and 5.7 hemi only gets a cpl. less than the 5.3 3.42 sierra I had. I would get 20 on the highway with it and get 18 with my ram. the ram does a much better job tho when towing and feels much sportier to drive. whatever rear gears you get you will still have the 8sp tranny with very low first gear so it will get up and go.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Backup cameras required for all new cars sometime in 2018. I think it depends on when exactly it is built and there was a deadline in May that I read about. Given how affordable technology is these days I think this is a pretty good law. Anything to give my wife an edge in getting out of the garage I'm all for!

Edit - just looked it up and it was May 2018 they were required. So, it's probably getting pretty rare to find cars/trucks on lots without them but there may still be a few out there.

Ah gotcha thanks for the info, wonder why I thought it was in effect as of 2017. So 5th gens build from march to may of last year have a possibility of not having one, I wouldn't have guessed that.

AirForce1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
Apr 11 is the deadline
I plan to order my new Laramie in September and hoping for a November delivery. Does anybody expect there to be an issue with ordering in September?