New Laramie?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
I have a Limited with the 5.7L and 3.92 gears. No eTorque and it’s thirsty, but that’s the tradeoff for towing capability. And I don’t drive it very much since I have a take-home work vehicle, so the mileage doesn’t hurt me too bad.

As for the tow mirrors, they were an option that I definitely wanted when I bought this truck. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on perspective), I found my truck on the lot and it didn’t have the tow mirrors, but I bought it anyways.

Now that I’ve had the truck for several months, I’m VERY glad that I don’t have the tow mirrors for a couple of reasons. First of all, you can’t get the surround view camera system with the tow mirrors, and I LOVE the surround view system and use it every single time I drive the truck. It’s a huge help with tight spaces and parking. Secondly, the tow mirrors don’t power fold. I didn’t think that was a big deal, but after having the truck it would be an absolute deal breaker for me. I park my truck in my garage next to a Tahoe. They both fit, but it’s tight. I fold the mirrors when I’m parked to help with space, and sometimes need to fold the mirrors real quick just as I back into the garage depending on the angle that I’ve come in at. Manually folding the mirrors would be a pain in the neck.

And the best part of the standard mirrors is that you don’t really lose any visibility when towing. The wide angle lens in the upper corner of the mirrors works great for any blind spots and the blind spot monitoring system extends past your trailer when towing. I am MUCH happier with the standard power mirrors now that I have them!

Good luck with your new purchase whenever you make it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you can order the 2500 mirrors with power folding and 360 view it would be plug and play and have all the toys

Mudders Beast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For occasional towing of 8 ft wide enclosed trailer, just got some clip on mirror extenders to try out for an inexpensive fix. 2017 Laramie, fits chrome foldable mirrors, but don’t plan to fold them with clip ons installed.

Stacey Power

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Turbo Diesel
I just bought a 2018 3500 SRW Diesel Laramie Long box.....absolutely love it!! It has a camera looking into the bed, very handy when driving and you have stuff back there. Also has LED lights in the bed, also very handy. It basically has all the bells and whistles. I love driving it. Good luck with your purchase.

Summit1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Be careful with the "occasional towing"; most folks end up towing a lot more than "occasionally". It is like when buying a RV for "occasional use and realizing that you want to camp and travel a lot more often... I guess this could as easily be applied to fishing rods, motorcycles, etc. :)

As for final drive ratio, my 2500 (w/ CTD) has a 3.42:1 ratio (despite reading online about how I should have at least a 4.__:1 ratio), which works perfectly when pulling a >8,000# Flagstaff V-Lite. When I bought the truck, I knew I would be pulling this much weight every so often (i.e., not every day, but on trips every few weeks during the warmer months. The frequency of towing was not a factor, but the type of towing is. My first trip out included some very steep hills in TN and NC, and the truck never strained at all. That is a part of why I chose what I did.

Oh... the navigation system is OK, but (like most) has its limitations. The power towing mirrors are fantastic, and well worth the money.

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Is that Apr 11 deadline pretty common every year? Or does the date vary from year to year?

I assume the 11 APR deadline is for the re-tooling to create the 2020 models? April seems kinda early to start making trucks for the NEXT year. No?

When they stop taking orders, when / how long before they start taking orders again?