New Locking fuel caps - Geno's Garage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
This one seems to be the ONLY one on the market. Can’t find any reference anywhere else for an alternative. With shipping, tax, $90.
2” PVC cap works for me.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I picked up my truck this past January and the sales manager at the dealership offered me a locking gas cap from his collection after I mentioned my preference. He had a few of them in a drawer.

I just assumed they were a Mopar part.

View attachment 498501
That's a 4th gen gas cap. It won't work on a 5th gen 1500.

This one seems to be the ONLY one on the market. Can’t find any reference anywhere else for an alternative. With shipping, tax, $90.
2” PVC cap works for me.
That will keep dust out LOL. But it doesn't lock, which is what most people are concerned with.

ColesRAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
Geno’s apparently has them back in stock.

EDIT/UPDATE: I called Geno’s today to check on my order status, since their website showed they had stock. Spoke to JC , who told me they did not have stock and that their vendor could not get the raw AL billets, so the back order date was moved out to 9/30/22. I canceled my order for now. They were very nice about that. If they get a steady flow of stock in, I may re-order.

Last edited: