New Meguiar’s ceramic coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Has anyone tried the New Meguiar’s ceramic coating wax???
151364546c9d472bd633dfb4f9c34b5d.jpg5165d0c2ff36e669f6106349f0e19377.jpg
I bought 2- 26oz bottles.
I’m not sure how much it’ll take to do the Blue Mule but this(if it works) should be plenty. I think.
I’m hoping it turns out to be an awesome product. As we all know there’s a lot of acreage of paint on our trucks.

Now another thing that I’ll have to figure out the correct steps from start to finish. I believe I’ll have to strip the wax off the truck then wash it with really good car wash before putting the ceramic coating on. Then a quality Meguiar’s polish followed by Meguiar’s wax.
@Pull Ya tell me if my steps are outta order.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is what they are now calling a "lite ceramic coating" It will last probably about 3-4 months depending on how often you wash your truck and if it's garage kept. Some good reviews but the longevity is a little sketchy. IMHO I think you'd be better off with a good sealant, unless you really want to go to a "real" ceramic coating. If you go for a real ceramic, then ya you have to wash, and then clay bar, then polish(correct)the surface, then wipe it down, then install the ceramic coating. It's usually a long tedious job but the results are outstanding and the protection can be up to 3-5 years depending on the product that you use.
Jay

0rion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Wish all this stuff came with a little guy that pops out of the bottle and does all the work for you haha. I got the cars/trucks taken care of but I need someone to do the 5er. Last year I clayed, polished, and detailed it. Being conservative I had probably 20+ hours in it. This year I just didn't have it in me so just waxed it and had 9 hours in it. Ceramic would be a nice way to go....just don't have it in me to put the hours in it. This hybrid to me doesn't seem much more beneficial that a good polish except you can go lighter on the prep which isn't how I do things. I spend more time on prep that polishing.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you use a sealant, which goes on and off just like a wax, you will get lots more longevity than just using a wax. A good sealant will last about 6 months whereas wax will only protect for about 3-4 weeks at the longest. The ceramic coating last the longest hands down, but still need to be maintained.
Jay

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks great!! How's the paint match?
Jay

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@McBroom that stuff works but use it as a sacrificial layer. I recommend Adams paint sealant it is very user friendly and will put a nice protective layer down that lasted me from August-May in PA through a winter in the salt belt. The Meguiars ceramic wax will work on top of it so you didn’t waste your money and it’s a spray on hose off application so very easy to use it every wash.
It’s always good measure to strip the truck once a year and claybar before sealing the paint again. So get yourself a six pack and half a Saturday to give it a good cleaning and sealant then your next wash use your Meguiars

OP
OP
McBroom

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Looks great!! How's the paint match?
Jay

Paint match appears to be spot on. I will have to do a little bit of paint correction maybe 10 min worth.
I’m pleased with the job.
Only 2 days in the shop.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

OP
OP
McBroom

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
@McBroom that stuff works but use it as a sacrificial layer. I recommend Adams paint sealant it is very user friendly and will put a nice protective layer down that lasted me from August-May in PA through a winter in the salt belt. The Meguiars ceramic wax will work on top of it so you didn’t waste your money and it’s a spray on hose off application so very easy to use it every wash.
It’s always good measure to strip the truck once a year and claybar before sealing the paint again. So get yourself a six pack and half a Saturday to give it a good cleaning and sealant then your next wash use your Meguiars

Awesome advice. I’ll do it exactly as you said.
I trust you and @Pull Ya on all things.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Per Meguiars this is not a ceramic coating, they are calling it a sealant with SIo2 in it.