New Meguiar’s ceramic coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
WHAT’S IN A NAME?

Using the term “ceramic coating,” simply because it is perhaps the most recognized term in the industry. There are many other terms that are used that are essentially referring to the same category of protective chemical. Simply add the word “coating” to any of these: silica-quartz, liquid quartz, glass, SiO2, silicon dioxide, nano, and others. The term “quartz” is often used because the chemistry of coatings utilizes the element that occurs naturally in quartz crystals. The term “glass” is often used because the cured coating is literally a layer of silicon dioxide molecules that is a couple of microns thick (a “micron” is one-millionth of a meter).

Above found on the internet so it must be true :)

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Haha Slick I get it.
I think the marketing is brilliant it’s not explained well enough to understand it unless you want to understand it. 90% of consumers are not going to do their homework so they’re going to ask a friend or see an add. And we all know the guy that watches a 30 commercial and now he is an expert in what the product will do. Genius

OP
OP
McBroom

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I’m no expert by any means. I’m pretty sure that I’m the ******* that has no idea about chemistry. As a matter of fact I know I am.
I’m not nerdy either.
I’m just a dumb country boy that wants a super shiny show truck. I don’t always have a lot of time to polish it out but I do try.
I ask a lot of questions about new products and hope maybe they will save me some time.

I have a disabled daughter that takes up a lot of my time. Then add the farm there’s goes even more.

I do listen to all y’all and appreciate all the advice as I take it to the truck and try it out.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
From what I've seen of your truck I think your doing a great job keeping it clean, shiny and protected. It's hard to have a daily driver and a show truck at the same time. It takes lots of extra work but it looks like to me, you got it covered pretty well.
Jay

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I’m no expert by any means. I’m pretty sure that I’m the ******* that has no idea about chemistry. As a matter of fact I know I am.
I’m not nerdy either.
I’m just a dumb country boy that wants a super shiny show truck. I don’t always have a lot of time to polish it out but I do try.
I ask a lot of questions about new products and hope maybe they will save me some time.

I have a disabled daughter that takes up a lot of my time. Then add the farm there’s goes even more.

I do listen to all y’all and appreciate all the advice as I take it to the truck and try it out.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon
No no no. You’re not dumb. The product works you didn’t get ripped off or whamboozled what I and Pull Ya we’re saying is that it’s a maintenance coating that gives you the effects of a coating between washes. If you lay down a coat of a good quality sealant it will last longer and use the meguiars on top of the sealant. In the long run it will make less work for you.

OP
OP
McBroom

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
From what I've seen of your truck I think your doing a great job keeping it clean, shiny and protected. It's hard to have a daily driver and a show truck at the same time. It takes lots of extra work but it looks like to me, you got it covered pretty well.
Jay

Thanks Jay. She sure sees her ups n downs. Dusty country roads and clean shiny trucks don’t mix well.
And **** years ****** weather ain’t helped any either.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

OP
OP
McBroom

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
No no no. You’re not dumb. The product works you didn’t get ripped off or whamboozled what I and Pull Ya we’re saying is that it’s a maintenance coating that gives you the effects of a coating between washes. If you lay down a coat of a good quality sealant it will last longer and use the meguiars on top of the sealant. In the long run it will make less work for you.

Ohh I know I didn’t get ripped. I’ve been using Meguiar’s for over 15 years. I know their ***** awesome.
I just don’t know anything about the chemical make up of things and never played the wording game. I’m probably the most unpolitically correct person you’ll ever meet.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's an ongoing project that never ends, but my garage time is pretty relaxing and takes me away from the "other stuff" going on. Still enjoy working on the truck, only it takes a little longer now and I seem to use a lot more liniment at night. LOL
Jay

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ohh I know I didn’t get ripped. I’ve been using Meguiar’s for over 15 years. I know their ***** awesome.
I just don’t know anything about the chemical make up of things and never played the wording game. I’m probably the most unpolitically correct person you’ll ever meet.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

Maybe, LMAO, I am in the un-PC field also, I kinda go on, U not like what I say, watever, LMAO.. U not like what I do, well there's the door/gate, adios amigos, hee hee

OP
OP
McBroom

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Maybe, LMAO, I am in the un-PC field also, I kinda go on, U not like what I say, watever, LMAO.. U not like what I do, well there's the door/gate, adios amigos, hee hee

Yes Sir
One of my favorite sayings...
Go kick rocks

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Yes Sir
One of my favorite sayings...
Go kick rocks

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

I like go pound sand. People look at you like you have 8 heads
People get way too sensitive anymore.

OP
OP
McBroom

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
By the way @McBroom did you have any extra time this weekend to wash your truck? or try the stuff out?

No I was busy buying the wife a new Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No I was busy buying the wife a new Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

Hmmmm, Lucky Hubby because HAPPY WIFE !!!!!

OP
OP
McBroom

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
perfect to haul those future grandkids

I know your right @JB1. The things we do for good lovin’