New member - 2020 Power Wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine

Nado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
It’s there. They get spooled at the dealer. So the hook is not going to be on till then. Looks like the OP had to do it himself. Check out my write up in the recovery thread on how to do it.https://www.ramforum.com/threads/vehicle-recovery.139/page-2

Interesting. So, let me ask you this, as I am in the process of buying one. I am see pictures of used PW that dont have the line and hook. Is it because the original owner never had the dealer spool it up? Which might also mean, they dont have the line and hook with the vehicle.

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
Interesting. So, let me ask you this, as I am in the process of buying one. I am see pictures of used PW that dont have the line and hook. Is it because the original owner never had the dealer spool it up? Which might also mean, they dont have the line and hook with the vehicle.

The winch rope is spooled up in the winch, located behind the bumper. Very likely the original owner never unspooled and tensioned the rope, or that he they even cut off the ziptie holding the line in place.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine

my rope was not on the winch because my dealer said it was too easy to steal. It was installed by them the day the sales guy brought it to me at work.
But some( most perhaps) are zip tied in place with out the hook installed. They never get tensioned. And that is a must before you use it in short pulls. If your first use is long( only 2 wraps left on the drum) then you will be okay.
In most cases the remote is not in the truck neither. Add that item to your check list when you do the walk around

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
It’s there. They get spooled at the dealer. So the hook is not going to be on till then. Looks like the OP had to do it himself. Check out my write up in the recovery thread on how to do it.https://www.ramforum.com/threads/vehicle-recovery.139/page-2
My Dealer didn't Spool Mine. I think they have the standard Answer in a Book somewhere. Their excuse was : They didn't want it to get Stolen. I put a Factor 55 Flat closed end on mine. I still haven't Spooled it. That will happen tomorrow, or Thursday. I have to Work this Weekend.

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
my rope was not on the winch because my dealer said it was too easy to steal. It was installed by them the day the sales guy brought it to me at work.
But some( most perhaps) are zip tied in place with out the hook installed. They never get tensioned. And that is a must before you use it in short pulls. If your first use is long( only 2 wraps left on the drum) then you will be okay.
In most cases the Remote is not in the truck neither. Add that item to your check list when you do the walk around
Mine was Zip tied. The Hook, and Remote were in a Bag under the Back Seat.