New member, needing opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@Ramm5.7 from my research i thought just running the 5 pin would be enough for reverse to work without splicing. I was under the impression most people ran a 4 pin and tapped the white behind the ds tail. Did the 5 pin alone not work?

5 pin works
The issue is the opt-7 bar reverse wire (white) is seperate from the 4 pin connector that is on their wiring. Instructions say to splice reverse light wire at tailight. I didnt want to do that again so cut the end apart( its solid rubber between pins) and use a white wire pin to plug into the 5 pin adapter connector. Splice their white reverse to pin wire I just seperated and heatshrink to seal it.

KnurledNut

SemperFi
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I can add...

Work on your handling first. Swapping out the sway bar and end links are the single best upgrades/mods you can do. It will help stability ten-fold.

OP
OP
Kaw is the Law
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got the drivers side door debadged. Good lord they use the stickiest stuff ever and an absolutely insane amount of it to boot.

20200223_105941.jpg

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Check out the Mods under $100 thread

then start surfing build threads for idea's

But FIRST, Debadge the doors

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
@Graygoose - can you still have passengers in your back seat with the sub installed? Thats something Ive been slowly researching but havent got to put enough time into it yet. I cant lose the ability to install the car seats. Also, dont want to be stuck leaving seat up just to use the sub. Any input on this is greatly appreciated!
yes, comes with an amp, and harness.

RobertusvT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just my .02 on the tonneau cover. I would recommend a hard rollup over a trifold. They are more out of the way than a trifold and provide the same protection in my opinion. I personally got the truxedo sentry and I love it.

OP
OP
Kaw is the Law
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Ramm5.7 I will probably be ordering the light bar this week early on. Wanted to make sure I got my other goodies installed first before buying another project. Got my Tyger step bars and the rear mopar splash guards installed. Had to go pick up more double sided 3m last night to be able to install the front splash guards. Also got led license plate bulbs on order and going to have to convert everything else out back to led at some point as well.

20200301_101327.jpg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
5 pin works
The issue is the opt-7 bar reverse wire (white) is seperate from the 4 pin connector that is on their wiring. Instructions say to splice reverse light wire at tailight. I didnt want to do that again so cut the end apart( its solid rubber between pins) and use a white wire pin to plug into the 5 pin adapter connector. Splice their white reverse to pin wire I just seperated and heatshrink to seal it.

Can you post a pick or sort of draw a diagram of what exactly you did ... I am just thinking of adding a bullet connector to the white reverse wire and hooking it up to the reverse input connection on the curt harness ..

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can you post a pick or sort of draw a diagram of what exactly you did ... I am just thinking of adding a bullet connector to the white reverse wire and hooking it up to the reverse input connection on the curt harness ..

I can get a pic 2morro but heres what I did.
I had an extra 4 pin male, cut one of the male connectors off the 4 pin, leaving about 6" of wire hanging. The actual 4 pin surround is rubber so in seperating one connector it is insulated real well. Trimmed to fit with utility knife to fit securely in 5 pin reverse wire female connector. Spliced white reverse wire to male connector fitted to 5 pin reverse, butt spliced and soldered and heat shrinked.
Works great, no issues what so ever after a year!
A bullet connector will work fine but you need to make sure it is insulated well from weather..ie water!!

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Old man memory...lol
Reread the post and bought this harness just for the circled pin to make a complete harness!! Cut that wire connector off, it fit well and sealed great.
I spent the money rather than splice like I did on my other truck!!

Screenshot_20201219-201904_Samsung Internet.jpg

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Wow, someone bumped an old thread, but welcome none the less

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Old man memory...lol
Reread the post and bought this harness just for the circled pin to make a complete harness!! Cut that wire connector off, it fit well and sealed great.
I spent the money rather than splice like I did on my other truck!!

View attachment 231163
Yeah figured out what you did after I asked you about it... thank you

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963