New member with an air suspension issue-considering cutting my losses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2014 only has 47k miles on it.
I diagnosed to at least have a bad air compressor. When power is applied, it jumps and nothing.
Seized I presume.
I get the message that it is cooling down and disabled.
However, after having the battery disconnected overnight, I reconnected the battery and get the same cooling down message.
Dealer wants $4,800 to replace compressor and block!
The part at RTM is $500, plus I would need someone to nitrogen fill it for me. The pump I could probably install.
I am seriously considering doing an air delete system.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You could go either way: If you like the Air Susp and it's features, stick with it. If not, and you don't use those features ...you could swap it over. Shocks don't last forever either ...LOL. Tons of information is out there on this site both ways (do a forum-search), and in Y/T videos so it's not really worth recounting the plusses/minuses, or how to do the swap.

Since you are a heavy DIY guy, You could run it on air till you know you have the problem resolved. Or, go to a welding shop and temporarily rent a small tank of dry nitrogen for probably less than $20 (then return the tank afterwards). Use your welder regulator if you have one. Or maybe the welding shop can rent you a regultor. Every decent welding shop carries other gasses.