New member with Tradesman - front end issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mr. Luck, why in the world did you buy a vehicle from a dealership that threatened you? Was saving a couple of dollars, worth the front end shake and swapping out rotors? If that story is true, and you could prove it, I'd have sued that vandal. But to be quite honest, Your story doesn't add up.

Last edited:

Octane

Reaction score
I bought a truck from a dealership that had picked up my online request to sell me a vehicle at a fixed price, the only thing was they thought they could make more money at my signing for add-ons.

What they didn’t know when I sat down is I had worked a two dealerships previously and knew the BS they were going to throw at me. One guy was so upset that he said he was going to remove my remote access option if I didn’t knuckle under for some extra service package like under coating for $1000.00 extra
(It wasn’t an option it was part of the model package.)

I said “go ahead. you can’t do it “ and (who could ask for anything more) he told me he knew exactly where it was and proceeded to take the vehicle into the back and break what he thought was the remote head-in receiver for the auto door locks.

He didn’t tell me he broke what he thought because some one must of stopped him when they realized what he was doing and he actually broke the yaw sensor housing inside the dash by trying to pry it out.

I didn’t realize this till years later and the end result was my front tires would shake after the last few turns going down hill because the speed sensor and the PCM didn’t mach the downshift request while braking on a grade with severe crown on left corners.
I thought it was rotors or brakes and every 1000 miles I would swap out my front rotors to correct the problem.

Dealerships sometimes get slimy people and they know all the tricks and they do know most of them and sometimes they don’t but you need to know what could be a reluctant or partially responsive sensor and swap it out for your good one.

That way you have a less than perfect vehicle to trade in or sell that the dealer eventually gets and they fix for pennies at your expense.
What is a yaw sensor?

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Mr. Luck, why in the world did you buy a vehicle from a dealership that threatened you? Was saving a couple of dollars, worth the front end shake and swapping out rotors? If that story is true, and you could prove it, I'd have sued that vandal. But to be quite honest, Your story doesn't add up.
Your judgmental attitude is also suspect,
I already paid for the vehicle and personal threats from peanut car dealerships are nothing new if you ever worked for one.
If you read it over again you’d understand no one could make this up.
If the post doesn’t benefit you then leave it at that.
But I wouldn’t be calling out people you’ve never met.

Last edited:

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
What is a yaw sensor?
“A yaw-rate sensor is a gyroscopic device that measures a vehicle's yaw rate, its angular velocity around its vertical axis. The angle between the vehicle's heading and velocity is called its slip angle, which is related to the yaw rate.”

squadco343

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Hey there I just registered and thought that I would share about my truck in hopes that maybe others have had the same problem and there was a solution to it. I have a 2018 Tradesman 4X4 long bed crew cab that has had a pull to the right ever since I bought it. They said at first bad tire on that side at 7K miles so I replaced it, then it rotate the tires then it's recheck the alignment then back to tires then alignment then after all of that I replaced all 4 tires had it aligned and still pulled then back again for another alignment then back again for drag link change out then another alignment then back to the tire shop to rotate tires again then to an independent alignment shop who said to change the upper ball joints to offset and realign it still pulls. Dealer said that they would pay for the replacement of the ball joints if it fixed the problem which it did not then back to the tire shop where they cross rotated the tires and still pulls. I have been fighting this for 40K miles and have gotten nowhere. They have dragged this along so much that so far the two different lemon law attorneys have turned down the case because the truck is no longer under warranty. I have not modified this truck in anyway shape or form from the way I bought it new off the lot. I would love to know how many people have had this same problem and what has been do to fix it.
Try using Cremeens Law Group PLLC. They are out of Tampa, Fl and they use the Federal Lemon law. I have used them 3 times with great success.

squadco343

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Try using Cremeens Law Group PLLC. They are out of Tampa, Fl and they use the Federal Lemon law. I have used them 3 times with great success.

My4thRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 1500 Classic Tradesman
Engine
V6 Pentastar
No offense......but if I had bought 3 lemon vehicles.......I would let a friend pick out my future purchases for me. LOL

Octane

Reaction score
I would hope it wasnt 3 lemon law cases...or I'd buy a bicycle.lol

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No offense......but if I had bought 3 lemon vehicles.......I would let a friend pick out my future purchases for me. LOL

:D I work for a commercial equipment manufacturer and nearly all of our products have something like a 0.25% or less failure rate, the overwhelming majority of what comes back as a warranty claim gets tested and returns no problem found. It's not groundbreaking cutting edge stuff so the engineering's been figured out by now - no magic involved just over time you refine the process, the materials and the design until the pain goes away.

So when one of our customers calls us up and says they got a 50% failure rate on our stuff? Sorry man if we did business like that we'd be out of business let's look at what you are doing differently there... ;)

Octane

Reaction score
:D I work for a commercial equipment manufacturer and nearly all of our products have something like a 0.25% or less failure rate, the overwhelming majority of what comes back as a warranty claim gets tested and returns no problem found. It's not groundbreaking cutting edge stuff so the engineering's been figured out by now - no magic involved just over time you refine the process, the materials and the design until the pain goes away.

So when one of our customers calls us up and says they got a 50% failure rate on our stuff? Sorry man if we did business like that we'd be out of business let's look at what you are doing differently there... ;)
A local business here told me that a brand of spark plugs that I was using had a high failure rate. I figured out the number in a box they were talking about and it would have been about a 20% failure rate, and that is extremely high for a small box anyway, there's no way it would have been that bad for a stupid box of spark plugs i dont believe.He didnt want to take responsibility for his shoddy work is what it was I think.

tututaka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummings
Did you have the front end recall done on your 2018. There was a recall for the front end where they welded one of the arms that had to do with the steering. I am not a machanic so I don't know the specifics. But I did ask them what to do if I had an alignment problem. They said the weld could be ground off and re-welded. Hope this helps.

Octane

Reaction score
“A yaw-rate sensor is a gyroscopic device that measures a vehicle's yaw rate, its angular velocity around its vertical axis. The angle between the vehicle's heading and velocity is called its slip angle, which is related to the yaw rate.”
I see...It's part of the vehicle stability control system.

DC Tradesman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Once you drive it for a while. Feel the rims for a hotter temp . It would indicate a dragging brake. Check front L/H & RH. Back L/H R/H.

OP
OP
V delivery

V delivery

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The last shop to align the truck does not use a computer to align the vehicle. They do it the old fashioned way with the magnets and such so there is no print out. I have an appointment with a body shop that the dealer uses to have them do all of the measurements on the truck and see what they find. Unfortunately it will cost me 350.00 to have them check out the truck and I have to leave it with them for two days which also means renting a truck for two days and getting a ride from the body shop to the rental place and back again because they no longer will pick you up and drop you off. I have a number for Chrysler but until I have a fact in my hand about what the problem is and how they would solve the problem they look at it as a maybe their problem.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
The last shop to align the truck does not use a computer to align the vehicle. They do it the old fashioned way with the magnets and such so there is no print out. I have an appointment with a body shop that the dealer uses to have them do all of the measurements on the truck and see what they find. Unfortunately it will cost me 350.00 to have them check out the truck and I have to leave it with them for two days which also means renting a truck for two days and getting a ride from the body shop to the rental place and back again because they no longer will pick you up and drop you off. I have a number for Chrysler but until I have a fact in my hand about what the problem is and how they would solve the problem they look at it as a maybe their problem.
Seen documentation that some steering wheel angles are calibrated through CANbus and accessed by scan tools

It couldn’t hurt to see if your steering wheel although seeming to be straight , is actually registered wrong with the PCM.