New Morimoto xb headlights help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I haven’t seen any off that. Nor have I seen any of it posted on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You sure you don’t work for them??? Lol

I’ve seen guys post about loose projectors, as in when the headlamp is detached from the truck and you shake the assembly the projector lens visibly wiggles and another guy said one side of his when he’s facing a wall he can see the beam shaking just from the idle of his truck (he’s probably got the same issue).

And then the guy who’s truck used the sun reflecting off the projector beam to act like a magnifying glass and melt the clear outer housing of the headlight.

The more and more of them that get shipped the more we’re seeing the issues and this is just a small forum that makes up a portion of their total sales of the XB alights.

I know you are the most ardent supporter of these lights from the start...but eventually you’ll have to agree they did a rush job on these and a poor job of quality control and poor customer communication for rather expensive lights. These are issues we should be seeing from $150 headlights.

Last edited:

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You sure you don’t work for them??? Lol

I’ve seen guys post about loose projectors, as in when the headlamp is detached from the truck and you shake the assembly the projector lens visibly wiggles and another guy said one side of his when he’s facing a wall he can see the beam shaking just from the idle of his truck (he’s probably got the same issue).

And then the guy who’s truck used the sun reflecting off the projector beam to act like a magnifying glass and melt the clear outer housing of the headlight.

The more and more of them that get shipped the more we’re seeing the issues and this is just a small forum that makes up a portion of their total sales of the XB alights.

I know you are the most ardent supporter of these lights from the start...but eventually you’ll have to agree they did a rush job on these and a poor job of quality control and poor customer communication for rather expensive lights. These are issues we should be seeing from $150 headlights.

There's been issues but nobody can confirm how widespread. I had a DOA passenger light as did someone else. A few people with the inner housings wiggling, some paint melting that wouldn't be warrantied, etc....

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nope don’t work for them. Just call out claims and ask for proof because I’m on the lighting subject regularly and if anyone is having issues I’d like to see and maybe help them with ideas or to see what to expect can happen with my set, but clearly you can’t provide that. Instead you just come out of the gate with “you must work for them”. Shouldn’t be too hard to find if there’s that many problems still out there like you make it seem. Could be hard to find if they’re isolated.

I can and can’t agree that they rushed the job. The early release versions were pretty much a test batch to work out the big issues before they were released to the masses most of which were ironed out. Any all new product like this will have issues. From home appliances to video games it’s not unusual for a brand new product to have bugs. You seem to be one of those people who go around throwing out claims with no proof just for the sake of knocking products. Almost like you have some level of envy for some reason.

Last edited:

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nope don’t work for them. Just call out claims and ask for proof because I’m on the lighting subject regularly and if anyone is having issues I’d like to see and maybe help them with ideas or to see what to expect can happen with my set, but clearly you can’t provide that. Instead you just come out of the gate with “you must work for them”. Shouldn’t be too hard to find if there’s that many problems still out there like you make it seem. Could be hard to find if they’re isolated.

I can and can’t agree that they rushed the job. The early release versions were pretty much a test batch to work out the big issues before they were released to the masses most of which were ironed out. Any all new product like this will have issues. From home appliances to video games it’s not unusual for a brand new product to have bugs. You seem to be one of those people who go around throwing out claims with no proof just for the sake of knocking products. Almost like you have some level of envy for some reason.

Man I’m so envious of Morimoto headlights...wish I had the big bucks for them. Maybe one day...maybe one day. ‍♂️

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You seem to be one of those people who go around throwing out claims with no proof just for the sake of knocking products. Almost like you have some level of envy for some reason.

No horse in this race but there has been plenty of proof.

I don’t know why people keep trying to find similarities with this release and other products. It’s apples and oranges.

Sinistre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not picking a fight... and I KNOW it is done but letting your product out in the wild to be beta tested by full price paying customers is a lazy a$$@d business model at best and a WHOLE lot worse at worst. I would not be citing it in any manner as a plus or even a neutral. If they KNOWINGLY did that.... shame on them. The practice will continue until the purchasing public speaks with their wallets. If you don't have the resources or the time to do adequate (Not exhaustive but adequate) testing then maybe producing items for public consumption isnt for you. P T Barnum-isms aside.

Pottsie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
My Morimoto LED headlights finally arrived today after waiting four months.... Looking forward to installing them along with the resistors that are needed for my 2015 Ram 2500... Will post before and after pictures once installed. Cheers! :happy160:

txfire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes everything is now functioning properly. It was getting frustrating listening to the hyper flash. Very relieved it’s all resolved.

It's now several months later with the new models, any issues? I'm thinking about getting a set for the new truck and very curious? How much use have you put on them? Thanks!

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's now several months later with the new models, any issues? I'm thinking about getting a set for the new truck and very curious? How much use have you put on them? Thanks!

Everything has been solid. I drive the truck daily so I’ve got easily 5000 miles on the truck since Installing. Other than my original pre release set I received I’ve had no issues at all. Have got many looks in the street and at car shows. I’ve had a few other ram drivers asking me where I got them when I was getting gas or at the store and some of the people who already know what they are seem to be in awe that they’re seeing a set of Morimotos in person.
d0b8005fcb8ebda7b9c23b774ec5e610.jpgcf681e50bfc1516515b8cdd8a3a2374c.jpg

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Reddington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine have been on for a while now - no issues to report. They look great and provide way better output and usable lighting than the stock quads did. It is no comparison.

Jaywoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 & 2018
Engine
Hemi 5.7 & Cummins
Installed mine over this past weekend. Light output is fantastic. Fit and finish also is great.

medium800.jpg

Sinistre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is one sick looking ride. Good thing I only recently started seeing that color because although it is ALMOST too much for an every day driver... it is most decidedly NOT TOO MUCH, and I'd be driving a bright green truck EVERY DAY... Even when I didn't have anywhere t o go, lol.. Love it! and I have to admit... the Morimotos finish off the look nicely. The overall look screams more one off/ custom, than special production model... and that ain't half bad :)

Jaywoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 & 2018
Engine
Hemi 5.7 & Cummins
That is one sick looking ride. Good thing I only recently started seeing that color because although it is ALMOST too much for an every day driver... it is most decidedly NOT TOO MUCH, and I'd be driving a bright green truck EVERY DAY... Even when I didn't have anywhere t o go, lol.. Love it! and I have to admit... the Morimotos finish off the look nicely. The overall look screams more one off/ custom, than special production model... and that ain't half bad :)

Thanks! We get comments on the truck a lot. The Morimotos did kinda finish the front end. Now I gotta start on the rear.

medium800.jpg

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine have been on for a while now - no issues to report. They look great and provide way better output and usable lighting than the stock quads did. It is no comparison.

Not exactly true.

Will post findings from using a lux meter this weekendł

Bennyrok

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Headlights @ (2).jpg Actually a good question! these lights are completely LED, the light that emits from them is uncanny! all four headlights light at the same time, including the LED's above, and below, its like seeing for miles. And they look friken unreal. :) And everybody notices those sequential blinkers, not to mention the high beams...…Headlights @ (1).jpg

Reddington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not exactly true.

Will post findings from using a lux meter this weekendł

You cannot tell me that I am not seeing the difference I am seeing. With the stock quads I literally found this truck scary to drive in inclement weather at night. The lights got washed out to the point of a passenger asking me if my lights were on one day. It was that bad. Even my wife was shocked when she was in my truck one evening after the install.