New Order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THC1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello again everyone! I stepped away from my first RAM for a heavy duty GMC and I hate it so I just ordered a 2021 2500 Laramie Gasser!

Dealer said 10-16 weeks but hearing stories of much longer AND these are shipping without blind spot monitoring due to a chip shortage. No discounts for that though! A little frustrated but my GMC needs tires, it's out of warranty, the tranny makes noises and I don't want to put a dime in it. Been looking for two months for used or 20 hold over but gassers seem rare so I pulled the trigger.

Granite Crystal Night Edition......still can't decide if the color was the right choice.

Anyway, if anyone has any info or order v. delivery times please respond.

THC1

Arvid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello again everyone! I stepped away from my first RAM for a heavy duty GMC and I hate it so I just ordered a 2021 2500 Laramie Gasser!

Dealer said 10-16 weeks but hearing stories of much longer AND these are shipping without blind spot monitoring due to a chip shortage. No discounts for that though! A little frustrated but my GMC needs tires, it's out of warranty, the tranny makes noises and I don't want to put a dime in it. Been looking for two months for used or 20 hold over but gassers seem rare so I pulled the trigger.

Granite Crystal Night Edition......still can't decide if the color was the right choice.

Anyway, if anyone has any info or order v. delivery times please respond.

THC1

your color choice was the right choice. Same choice I made on my night edition. Black would of been impossible to keep clean. It looks badass you won’t regret it

Last edited:

frag

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi v8
I ordered a 2022 Bighorn 15 weeks ago and still waiting. The dealer isn't much help.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Good choice, OP. I got a 2017 Ram 2500 gasser (6.4 Hemi) and never looked back. Despite some issues, still the best out there IMHO.

What engine is in your GMC 2500? I was a GM guy up until 2012.

frag

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi v8
Woohoo. Just heard from the dealer the status of my truck is D1. Guess i should have it by Christmas.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
D1 means that they have all the parts needed to build your order
It also means that they are setting a Date & Time for the Rams Frame to be laid on the conveyor belt
about 16 hours after that, a Basic Ram rolls off of the assembly line
Then it is sent to the Body Vendor, that installs the Options that you chose

Once you receive the Rams VIN #
Enter it on the site below, Letters have to be in CAPS

Reesie

Reaction score
Ram Year
I ordered mine 14 weeks ago and according to ram chat, they haven’t started building it yet.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Have they sent you any information at all ?

You should have received some Status Reports
Almost right away you should have received a Status of B1
days after a Status of C & a VON # ( vehicle order number )
then a Status of D

That should have been done within 2 or 3 weeks

If none of that has happened, i would drive over to that dealership & see if they are still in business

By the way, what did you order ?

Reesie

Reaction score
Ram Year
We have received the vin number and the welcome to the ram family letter. I ordered a 2022 ram 3500 Laramie dually. Ram chat keeps telling me it’s sequenced for production and to check back next week. My dealer told me back in November it was being built, so I don’t know what’s going on. Ram chat did escalate me to the tracking team yesterday after I voiced my frustrations. Not sure if that is any better.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Well, all of the Ram assembly plants will reopen next Monday

You can begin using this site next week

Just enter your VIN # use capital letters
Nothing may show up for a week or more, but that will change soon

soon after you get that information, you will receive the Window Sticker
Once you have that, it is time to make a nice place to park that new Ram

Complete Turf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I ordered my Ram 2500 on Dec. 6, 2021 and got an email from US Customer Care on Dec. 16 with my VIN. Today, my salesman told me my truck is being built and should be shipped on Jan. 10.

I have entered my VIN in all of the web links provided here, and get no results on any of them. Has anyone actually gotten any results from any of the web sites posted ? I would like to see the status of my truck without having to bother my salesman.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered my Ram 2500 on Dec. 6, 2021 and got an email from US Customer Care on Dec. 16 with my VIN. Today, my salesman told me my truck is being built and should be shipped on Jan. 10.

I have entered my VIN in all of the web links provided here, and get no results on any of them. Has anyone actually gotten any results from any of the web sites posted ? I would like to see the status of my truck without having to bother my salesman.

The link is accurate for the build sheet, window sticker I looked up here while waiting for mine (and for years prior when shopping used):

If your truck is being built today then the build sheet should be available tonight or by morning, window sticker will be available once it leaves the vendor for accessories install and has a shipping date.

Also, don't worry about bothering the salesman, you're spending a lot of money there.

Reesie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Unfortunately, I just keep getting the run around. The tracking team told me exactly what ram chat said which is basically nothing. The truck could sit on sequencing to be built for another 3 weeks. This is a very frustrating process. I ordered mine end of September.

Complete Turf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The link is accurate for the build sheet, window sticker I looked up here while waiting for mine (and for years prior when shopping used):

If your truck is being built today then the build sheet should be available tonight or by morning, window sticker will be available once it leaves the vendor for accessories install and has a shipping date.

Also, don't worry about bothering the salesman, you're spending a lot of money there.
Thanks. I tried it again just now and it says there is nothing available for this VIN. I just copied and pasted the VIN that I got in the email from US Customer Care. I'll try again in the morning.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
It will not show anything until the build process begins
that process takes approximately 16 hours

You never mentioned if they sent you paperwork stating
Status B ... Order Pending
Status C ... Order approved
Status D ... checking parts inventory to insure that everything is in stock
Status D1 ... Inventory parts in stock & setting date & time to start build

TexasRam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Do these status updates come from RAM via email, or the dealer?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Mine came from the salesman, but he was a Senior Salesman who had Direct Access to the Headquarters Offices.

Direct Access is something only the most senior salesmen & the Sales Manager & his assistant have.

But you can chat with Ram Chat & find out what your current status is
They just need either your VON # ( vehicle order number ) or your VIN #

Complete Turf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

I have not received anything from Ram other than the original email with my VIN on Dec. 14.

My salesman is the Sales Manager for the Chrysler dealership.