New Partner for my Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Townsend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I guess when I get bored I buy things. I searched everywhere for a Hellcat that wasn't crazy expensive. Of course the dealership had to give me a good trade on my '15 SRT 392. I found a 2017 Charger Hellcat with 14k miles that was five hours from me. Made the deal and paid them to bring it to me. Nothing like having someone bring a new car to your house and driving away in your old car. LOL

The new one is White with Carbon stripes and Laguna leather. Looks like the original owner cut off the mid mufflers. This thing is loud. To the point that when I get on it I can't hear the supercharger. Looking to find some factory mufflers to put them back on. Still should be loud enough when I get on it.

20200410_185707.jpg

20150425_103001.jpg

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
makes me miss my 392 Charger.....
I'd love a Hellcat.
A buddy of mine is the GM at the Ram dealer. Right after I bought my Daytona, I went to get oil changed. He had a used Hellcat Challenger, black on black...said an international kid come in, plopped $40k down, and drove it for about 2 months, then had to return home, came in and sold it for pennys on the dollar...uuuggg...had like 3k miles.

But you will love the Hellcat.

My old 392 Daytona, had 8 months.

20180519_155553.jpg

Reddington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats on that! I would love to get a hellcat and I will at some point. For now I think I am going to be patient and wait for a screaming deal on a WB Scat Pack for my wife. Sell her durango and keep my Ram.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That is the color I wanted originally, with the caramel colored leather interior......but I was gonna go with a red stripe like below but on both sides..........

used-2015-dodge-challenger-srt392-7982-16726648-3-640 - Copy.jpg

OP
OP
Mike Townsend

Mike Townsend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I appreciate it guys. Man, I looked at the new HC which are all WB and I just couldn't swing that far. LOL. The WB SP look pretty mean. I need the wheels and tires for traction. LOL I will need new tires very quickly though.

Caramel leather? I think they called it peanut butter or something like that. I could have gotten a good deal with one with that color but just couldn't do it.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I appreciate it guys. Man, I looked at the new HC which are all WB and I just couldn't swing that far. LOL. The WB SP look pretty mean. I need the wheels and tires for traction. LOL I will need new tires very quickly though.

Caramel leather? I think they called it peanut butter or something like that. I could have gotten a good deal with one with that color but just couldn't do it.

The official name is sepia....but most don't know that....so I say caramel or peanut butter....

I looked the HCs as well...but none had the color interior I wanted....and by the time you take into account insurance, initial cost, and the extra loan payments......my SRT 392 will cost me 1/2 as much as the HC would have.....

Halligan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Got to love a fast Charger/Challenger. I have a 2019 WB Scat Pack Challenger for my nice weather toy. However, the wife needs a new ride and with the Covid deals I'm looking at new Jeep GC's so the Challenger may get traded in. I'll probably miss the Challenger but I'm overdue for a serious speeding ticket as it is.

Good luck Mike, keep it under 80 mph on the back roads and 130 mph on the highway ;).

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Got to love a fast Charger/Challenger. I have a 2019 WB Scat Pack Challenger for my nice weather toy. However, the wife needs a new ride and with the Covid deals I'm looking at new Jeep GC's so the Challenger may get traded in. I'll probably miss the Challenger but I'm overdue for a serious speeding ticket as it is.

Good luck Mike, keep it under 80 mph on the back roads and 130 mph on the highway ;).
Oh I hear ya, I traded mine for the new truck...below. But Ive also scoped the new JGC....the Limited X with a 5.7....hmmmmm

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
When I bought the RAM in November of '17 the dealer had a bright yellow Hellcat Challenger right in front of the door with a $75K price tag on it. I was intrigued until I saw it had that two-tone peanut butter/chocolate interior. In a yellow car? Looked disgusting. Fast forward to December 2018 and they still have it, nobody wants it. Finally they dropped it to $56K and somebody bought it.