New power wagon extras that come with the truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tinman454

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I did a search and after an hour could not find an answer. Ok so when you pick up a new truck what extras come with it. I know there’s a winch controller and a tool for the wheel nuts and 2 owners manuals is there any other stuff that is an extra you need. Also does the dealer set up the winch hook on the front or is that up to me to do? I am going to pick up my truck this Friday and it’s a 4 hr drive so want to make sure I don’t need to make a trip back . Or any other advice for a newbie power wagon owner. Thanks guys and hopefully I can get on the trails with some of the members on here.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
yep. you should also get the above mentioned receiver adapter, along with the red tag for your winch hook, an a protector sleeve for the winch line. (These items are usually in the under seat storage, or the boxes under the rear floor mats.

Also. the dealer should install your winch hook. But knowing dealers do as little as possible to help anyone. i would count on it. Either way, it isnt difficult to attach the winch hook yourself.

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My dealer that just delivered my 75A took care of the winch and the receiver hitch was in the back seat (on the floor). They pointed it out.

I'll have to look for the protector sleeve for the winch line. I didn't see that.

FlameThrower

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
Hemi 6..4:L
When I picked mine up the dealer had not setup the winch with the hook and they would have let me drive off if I didn't point it out. Ask them to make sure they setup the winch. My protector sleeve is on the winch line, not in the under seat storage.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
I wouldn’t bother asking the dealer to install a winch hook myself, that’s trivial. And because the line needs to be fully unspooled and then wound back on the drum under tension. Winch makers detail this in their instructions. And I’m going to do that myself to be sure it’s done right.

It’s not a bad idea to operate the winch occasionally, such as oil change time. Just spool it out and back in a little. Ensures the contactors and motor brushes don’t get stuck. Nothing sucks worse than actually having a winch on your vehicle and then finding out AFTER getting stuck it doesn’t work.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
It’s not a bad idea to operate the winch occasionally, such as oil change time. Just spool it out and back in a little. Ensures the contactors and motor brushes don’t get stuck. Nothing sucks worse than actually having a winch on your vehicle and then finding out AFTER getting stuck it doesn’t work.

This. i have a tree in my front yard i use to re-spool the winch nice and tight when i do oil changes.

Sure the tree is now completely crooked, and has created a giant hole in the ground behind it... but fill dirt always seems to fix that. hahaha.

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
i didnt get a winch sleeve :( 2018 pw was new off lot when i got it.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
My dealer had my winch all set up when I arrived.
you're lucky.. when i bought my truck the guy told me i would have to come back the next day to have it installed.....

i live like 40 miles away.

told them thanks for the crappy experience, it was a displeasure dealing with you, and the subsequent "survey" i would be sure to receive would reflect that.

AND THEY STILL SENT ME A SURVEY!!! hahaaha

ZookaTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2019's winch controller crapped out the first time i used it, in the woods of course, dragging a tree to cut into firewood. it would spool out but not in.So I took all the cable out and ran it back around the spool in reverse. The controller would occasionally work right when you beat on it a bit. But i got a new one anyway.

pendulum12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My dealer also had the winch set up when I was purchasing the truck.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Dealers typically deprocess for delivery to customer. Not sure if printed manuals are included now. They weren't in 2016 and if you wanted a printed version you had to order it and it did cost about thirty dollars. The printed user guide included was a generic Ram truck guide. If you have the RamBox it included the cargo management items, factory installed, but includes a bed divider, usually stowed at head of bed, and in the winch and hitch receiver adaptor package there was, what I call, a shorting plug, to plug into harness when tailgate is removed. Floor mats are an option nowadays, mine came with them. Not sure about today.

If you create an account on the Ram truck Web page on the Ram Owners Brand APP, under the Owners menu, you can access the digital version of OM, has all your dealer maintenance records, recalls, window sticker, etc.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i got the winch sleeve/controller,hitch adapter,locking wheel lugs,tpms,some kind of service interface module wiring kit.no idea what that's for.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
receiver sleeve , controller shorting plug hook not on winch not rewound no lug locks good thing first I tried to use the winch it didn't work because of corrosion on the pig tail had the dealer fix it on warranty tho they didn't want because they said it wasn't part of the truck I told if it wasn't for the winch/lockers I would have bought a different brand of truck with better warranty service it didn't go over very well in front the other costomers so they fixed it I do all my own services and wrenching dealers suck