New Power Wagon/New Member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Down2Ride

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75A
Engine
Hemi
New member here. On 03/12/21 I ordered my first Power Wagon. Have wanted one for years and was finally able to make it happen.

Granite Crystal Metallic/Monotone
Bed Utility Group
Ram Box Cargo Management System
Towing Technology Group
75th Anniversary Edition

And so it begins...

wobly

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Congrats! That's almost identical to the one I ordered at the end of January.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Down2Ride

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75A
Engine
Hemi
Thanks. I'm excited about it. First work of order will be to contact Abel Components so I can eliminate the nanny features that are not acceptable to me. After that larger tires.

RCSB88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New member here. On 03/12/21 I ordered my first Power Wagon. Have wanted one for years and was finally able to make it happen.

Bed Utility Group
Towing Technology Group
75th Anniversary Edition

And so it begins...

Right there with you bud. Same build as mine except I got Olive green and dual alternators. Debated the Ram Boxes heavily but ultimately wanted to retain as much payload as possible.

Gonna be a sweet truck you got there.

SkeeterBait

Reaction score
The Birthplace Town of the "Jersey Devil"
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

Bed Utility Group
Towing Technology Group
75th Anniversary Edition

And so it begins...
Awesome partner... You're gonna love that setup. I waited a LONG time to finally get the ultimate off-road truck myself. Have fun brother-trucker!

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
Thanks. I'm excited about it. First work of order will be to contact Abel Components so I can eliminate the nanny features that are not acceptable to me. After that larger tires.
Congrats & Welcome ! I spent almost two years looking at them online. Until I ordered mine. My PW took two months to receive. After I placed my order. Looking forward to the Pictures .
Not trying to hijack the Thread. But does the Able Components work with the 2019 + Power Wagons ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Down2Ride

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75A
Engine
Hemi
My understanding is the Able Components is good to go for the 2019+ Wagons. Maybe a member has already made this modification and will post it up. I’m super stoked on getting this truck fellas. Glad to have found this forum.

motorbreath

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Congrats & Welcome ! I spent almost two years looking at them online. Until I ordered mine. My PW took two months to receive. After I placed my order. Looking forward to the Pictures .
Not trying to hijack the Thread. But does the Able Components work with the 2019 + Power Wagons ?
It depends on the module you're installing. Sway bar and nanny bypasses work on 5th gens, but the locker bypass does not because the system on the 5th gens is routed through software and the internal computer, not switches like 3rd and 4th gens. Abel said he's not a software guy, unfortunately

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
It depends on the module you're installing. Sway bar and nanny bypasses work on 5th gens, but the locker bypass does not because the system on the 5th gens is routed through software and the internal computer, not switches like 3rd and 4th gens. Abel said he's not a software guy, unfortunately
Thanks. I would like to do a Nanny bypass on Sway bar & ABS someday. But I would really like to Bypass the lockers. At least they changed it. So we can lock the rear in 2 Wheel Drive.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Welcome to RamForum.

motorbreath

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Thanks. I would like to do a Nanny bypass on Sway bar & ABS someday. But I would really like to Bypass the lockers. At least they changed it. So we can lock the rear in 2 Wheel Drive.
I kinda do too, just so I can lock up in the middle of an obstacle/mud pit without having to think about it beforehand. Aside from that, I haven't really had the issues the 4th gen guys always complain about when it comes to locking. Usually the rear locks in under 2 seconds and the front maybe a few seconds after that

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Yea I dont think he has a kit for the locker setup in the ‘19+ trucks. Last I read, until people started ******** about the new setup not working, he wasnt even gonna work on one.

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
Yea I dont think he has a kit for the locker setup in the ‘19+ trucks. Last I read, until people started ******** about the new setup not working, he wasnt even gonna work on one.
I don't think the issues we have are quite as pronounced as what the 2018's back were dealing with. I have had the rear lock almost instantly. And I've had it take a bit. Fronts usually take a bit. But I haven't opened the Pumpkins yet either. I will probably do that. When I get back from Montana , late next Month. I only have a little over 1,400 Miles on her right now. It's about 1,800 each way. The rear should be settled in by then. I plan on going up there through Colorado, Utah & Idaho during the first week of April. If I have to use 4 Wheel Drive. That will help the front. If I don't . I will probably open it up, and clean out what I see anyway. I've put it in 4 Wheel Drive. But only a few times on my property.

TerrysWagon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Welcome and congrats! Pics when you get it!

AngryPills

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Cancel your order and wait for the updated 6.4 that just came out in the new jeep, it should be 2023 engine in the PW.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congrats and welcome. Good time to start gathering mods while waiting for it to arrive. Let us know if we can help with anything. We offer just about everything like, exhaust, bed covers, intakes, side steps, throttle response controllers, suspension, etc...

AngryPills

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just to be clear I’m not talking about the SRT engine I’m talking about the one that just came out in the jeep Wagoneer which looks like it’s a direct update from our 6.4 engine. I’m guessing this is their answer to the Godzilla.
Seems unlikely. Would be awesome. But unlikely.

RCSB88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just to be clear I’m not talking about the SRT engine I’m talking about the one that just came out in the jeep Wagoneer which looks like it’s a direct update from our 6.4 engine. I’m guessing this is their answer to the Godzilla.
Interesting. Any literature you saw discussing this?