New Power Wagon Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BigLazer4u

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Confirmed. I can seem them if I use a web browser but not the app.

Anyways, nice set up! I might have to get that x pipe on mine also. Can you post a sound clip of the exhaust system?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

yes I can, I’ll get a video and post it. I have noticed an increase in power since putting on the X-pipe. I’m sure my neighbors love it as well..on those 4am cold starts for work. :banana-mario:

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
'19 wagon driver here. I got mine in November and have 13000 on. Only changed oil at 5k as recommended. No smoke or oil consumption.

The tailgate camera had a ova flash a few months ago and I did the recall firmware last Friday. Hadn't had a problem since the ova.

Nice exhaust, I'm probably just going to put on a glasspack and drop exhaust under the truck. Trying to keep room for some whiteknuckle rock sliders

Daveski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Welcome! Nice to have another Power Wagon Owner on board. Keep us posted as time goes on about your likes, dislikes and all other things you have have information regarding.

jester139

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you have to custom fit this exhaust? Did you do dual exit or into a single exit?

I reached out to Borla a few weeks ago and they said they were working on one for the 2020, which I believe is the same as the 19. They also don't list one on their site.

Any drone with this? I did a Solo muffler delete for now and I get some drone around 1800 RPMs,.

Thx!

OP
OP
BigLazer4u

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Did you have to custom fit this exhaust? Did you do dual exit or into a single exit?

I reached out to Borla a few weeks ago and they said they were working on one for the 2020, which I believe is the same as the 19. They also don't list one on their site.

Any drone with this? I did a Solo muffler delete for now and I get some drone around 1800 RPMs,

Thx!

no this is a complete custom performance exhaust system. 1 x-pipe where the cats are. Two 2.5 inch stainless steel pipes coming off of the x-pipe into two borla XR1 exhausts, and then off of that it goes into two borla resonators, then it comes out at the back end to each tire. I went with smallest resonators they make at the very back next to tips, here are some additional photos. No drone with this, but it is loud when you punch. It also cost more than a bolt on kit from borla.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP
BigLazer4u

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
LooksSLooks You should call Borla and sell them the specs so we can all buy it!

haha, wouldn’t that be cool. Also, as a update, just hit 14k miles, no more smoking out the exhaust, looks like it’s sealed up.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to the forum and real nice rig nothing like black when it’s clean.
Now onto the oil consumption which in your words “is using a lot of oil” is of major concern as well as the tap. Hemi’s are known for some issues with lifters and cam lobes and some spawling issues. Some get’em some don’t, mileage doesn’t matter much as I have several with different mileage with no issues and my Brother had 60k when his needed to be replaced and several friends had issues and other’s didn’t, yada yada yada. Anyway get it looked at you’re under warranty and I swear by Amsoil myself.

jester139

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was looking at your pics again, wishing I had that system. Are you planning on headers when a tune becomes available? Did you need to cut that factory bracket/support with your dual pipe setup? I see it looks like you bent the exhaust a bit to get past it.

I sent this link to Borla customer service as I had emailed them prior. I'm planning on long tube headers, a Borla dual exit system (if they make it) and tuning it. Maybe procharger someday if all the stars align. We lose a bunch of HP at altitude (20% in Denver, more in mountains), so want to get it back!

Diablosport said they would work on a tune, but not until they are done with all the higher volume vehicles (cars, 1500s, etc.).

Last question, what did that cost to have made/installed?

OP
OP
BigLazer4u

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Was looking at your pics again, wishing I had that system. Are you planning on headers when a tune becomes available? Did you need to cut that factory bracket/support with your dual pipe setup? I see it looks like you bent the exhaust a bit to get past it.

I sent this link to Borla customer service as I had emailed them prior. I'm planning on long tube headers, a Borla dual exit system (if they make it) and tuning it. Maybe procharger someday if all the stars align. We lose a bunch of HP at altitude (20% in Denver, more in mountains), so want to get it back!

Diablosport said they would work on a tune, but not until they are done with all the higher volume vehicles (cars, 1500s, etc.).

Last question, what did that cost to have made/installed?

They kept the existing brackets on the passenger side and welded new brackets on the drivers side, I can take some photos of those if you like.

The x pipe really takes away the bad bends at the stock cats where they are crimped into the Y. I know exactly what you mean about wanting more HP, pro charger will reprogram your PCM. if you were get that done with any tune you like.

And yes, I am planning on yanking this engine out and having some head work and forged pistons put in eventually, there is a kit made my Arrington that turns our engines into a 426 stroker which I think would be a one of a kind with headers.

The entire system ran 1800$ installed. The shop I used charged 100$ an hour for installation. By the way your truck is super clean I like it.

OP
OP
BigLazer4u

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Welcome to the forum and real nice rig nothing like black when it’s clean.
Now onto the oil consumption which in your words “is using a lot of oil” is of major concern as well as the tap. Hemi’s are known for some issues with lifters and cam lobes and some spawling issues. Some get’em some don’t, mileage doesn’t matter much as I have several with different mileage with no issues and my Brother had 60k when his needed to be replaced and several friends had issues and other’s didn’t, yada yada yada. Anyway get it looked at you’re under warranty and I swear by Amsoil myself.

Yes sir, I’ve heard of Amsoil and I have heard it’s a very good product, I’ve always ran Castrol in all my vehicles, my pops ran it since his old car that he still has today an old 1970 hemi cuda. I’m a old fart now, and I still swear by the Castrol seeing his car last this long.

And as I said earlier. I no longer have a tap or oil consumption as I did at 1000 miles. And when I say no oil consumption I literally mean none at all now, and no tap. Castrol cleared that up or maybe it was the break in, I’m at 14k miles now. No more smoke on startups either.

when i Said using oil, 3/4 quart a 1000 miles. It was drinking it like gasoline, maybe more it was hard to judge just how drastic it was. scared the hell out of me buying a new truck and seeing that. The truck was brought to the dealer as I said in my earlier posts. They stated the truck was going to use oil during the break in and would clear up eventually and if it did not they would fix it.

ALRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes sir, I’ve heard of Amsoil and I have heard it’s a very good product, I’ve always ran Castrol in all my vehicles, my pops ran it since his old car that he still has today an old 1970 hemi cuda. I’m a old fart now, and I still swear by the Castrol seeing his car last this long.

And as I said earlier. I no longer have a tap or oil consumption as I did at 1000 miles. And when I say no oil consumption I literally mean none at all now, and no tap. Castrol cleared that up or maybe it was the break in, I’m at 14k miles now. No more smoke on startups either.

when i Said using oil, 3/4 quart a 1000 miles. It was drinking it like gasoline, maybe more it was hard to judge just how drastic it was. scared the hell out of me buying a new truck and seeing that. The truck was brought to the dealer as I said in my earlier posts. They stated the truck was going to use oil during the break in and would clear up eventually and if it did not they would fix it.
Castrol Edge is a very good oil. It’s used in racing where they push those engines hard. I wouldn’t think twice about running it in my truck.

jester139

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They kept the existing brackets on the passenger side and welded new brackets on the drivers side, I can take some photos of those if you like.

The x pipe really takes away the bad bends at the stock cats where they are crimped into the Y. I know exactly what you mean about wanting more HP, pro charger will reprogram your PCM. if you were get that done with any tune you like.

And yes, I am planning on yanking this engine out and having some head work and forged pistons put in eventually, there is a kit made my Arrington that turns our engines into a 426 stroker which I think would be a one of a kind with headers.

The entire system ran 1800$ installed. The shop I used charged 100$ an hour for installation. By the way your truck is super clean I like it.

Thanks man. I'd love more pics/detail as it is the exact setup all PW owners need (my opinion of course)! A 426 kit would be awesome. Feel free to post or PM me the detail. 1800 is about what I paid for my Corsa catback on my old 1500.

OP
OP
BigLazer4u

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Thanks man. I'd love more pics/detail as it is the exact setup all PW owners need (my opinion of course)! A 426 kit would be awesome. Feel free to post or PM me the detail. 1800 is about what I paid for my Corsa catback on my old 1500.

I’ll have you the entire setup this afternoon when I get off work, I’ll message it to you.

clinger3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ll have you the entire setup this afternoon when I get off work, I’ll message it to you.
I'd love to have details as well. Just ordered a 3500 with the 6.4. I'm in WV. Maybe make a run to the shop that did your work in VA (RIGHT?). What's the name of the shop?

SkeeterBait

Reaction score
The Birthplace Town of the "Jersey Devil"
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
New 2020 PW owner here too. I have so enjoyed reading the posts about your rig... Awesome !! is my comment.

I'd like to read a story about your recovery of the friends' mired in the mud trucks. Keep up the great mods!