New quad to projector harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
Just ordered this kit since its half the price of the RipoffShop.

View attachment 146486
Hi, I'm planning on upgrading my 2013 big horn with quad lights, a question - I buy this harness, then the new projector headlight with hid's, and it'll be plug and play?

Are all of these Plug and play adapters are of same quality, or are there any better ones? Maybe retro shop has better quality ones than generic ones from ebay?

Thank you

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, I'm planning on upgrading my 2013 big horn with quad lights, a question - I buy this harness, then the new projector headlight with hid's, and it'll be plug and play?

Are all of these Plug and play adapters are of same quality, or are there any better ones? Maybe retro shop has better quality ones than generic ones from ebay?

Thank you

All i know is im not spending $140. For a harness i can get for $68.
As long as it works is all that matters.

ehart814

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I bought it before they dropped the price. Been using it almost a week and it’s still working. VIPmotoz seems to have pretty good customer service. They called me the night I placed my order to confirm what exactly my truck was to make sure I ordered the right parts.

The only downfall is mounting those boxes and attaching the ground wires. But it wasn’t hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought it before they dropped the price. Been using it almost a week and it’s still working. VIPmotoz seems to have pretty good customer service. They called me the night I placed my order to confirm what exactly my truck was to make sure I ordered the right parts.

The only downfall is mounting those boxes and attaching the ground wires. But it wasn’t hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah i wont mind connecting two grounds at all considering the savings$

jshillin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any update on that harness? My other headlight should be coming so I want to be ready to do the swap!!

jshillin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pulled the trigger on it and installed it yesterday. So far working great!

I ended up paying the money for the retroshop harness... Got it installed on Saturday and 1 of the harnesses wouldn't work. Did my normal troubleshooting, swapping lights from side to side, then harnesses from side to side. The problem followed the same harness. I called the # for retroshop Saturday around lunch time and didn't really expect and answer, but thought it was worth a try. At that point I was aggravated because I had my truck apart and didn't want to swap bulbs back into the quads and put them back. So I started going wire by wire and 2 of the wires definitely were loose and not making good connections. I was able to push them in all the way, then holding them individually pushed the connectors back together and finally got them working.

If this would have been on the 1/2 price harnesses I wouldn't have minded it so much, but for $135, I wasn't happy... I guess I'll know more if I get a phone call back today.

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I ended up paying the money for the retroshop harness... Got it installed on Saturday and 1 of the harnesses wouldn't work. Did my normal troubleshooting, swapping lights from side to side, then harnesses from side to side. The problem followed the same harness. I called the # for retroshop Saturday around lunch time and didn't really expect and answer, but thought it was worth a try. At that point I was aggravated because I had my truck apart and didn't want to swap bulbs back into the quads and put them back. So I started going wire by wire and 2 of the wires definitely were loose and not making good connections. I was able to push them in all the way, then holding them individually pushed the connectors back together and finally got them working.

If this would have been on the 1/2 price harnesses I wouldn't have minded it so much, but for $135, I wasn't happy... I guess I'll know more if I get a phone call back today.

For what they charge I wouldn't be happy with that either. Glad you got it figured out and didn't have to put the quads back on.

jshillin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For what they charge I wouldn't be happy with that either. Glad you got it figured out and didn't have to put the quads back on.

To be honest, I won't buy anything else from them again. I NEVER got a phone call back from him after I left a voice mail. I would have thought that I would have at least got a call back...

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
In my opinion, there's too many fanboys of theirs here. Paying a lot of money for items of same or better quality available for less elsewhere. I've been around forums long enough to know better. I always research alternatives.

jshillin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In my opinion, there's too many fanboys of theirs here. Paying a lot of money for items of same or better quality available for less elsewhere. I've been around forums long enough to know better. I always research alternatives.

I do the exact same thing, but wanted to spend the extra money to get something that I anticipated would work right away with no issues until some more people tried the ebay harness.

The OEM headlights came from ebay, I should have bought the harness from the same place...

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
FYI...almost 9 months in and still working without issue.

freedom 2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Does anyone know if this or similar kit is available? I can't seem to find this kit on eBay anymore

freedom 2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Question after changing the Quad Lights to the Projectors do you need to get the truck re flashed ? Thanks