NEW QUARTER MILE RECORD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
Thank you guys. Finally made a decent pass at the new power level
The vid popped up on my recommendations the other day, made it a point to watch after work. Pretty badass. How much is it making now? Last I heard it was 1050 ish. Also saw in the description you added smart boost. How's the drive ability with that?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Have you tallied up what you have into the truck lately Matt,from engine/tranny through to suspension?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Have you tallied up what you have into the truck lately Matt,from engine/tranny through to suspension?
I'm too scared to do that. It has to be pushing $60-$70K. I dont cut corners on anything, so I have spent much more than most would have to in order to achieve the same result. I'm also picky about appearance, so I have done a lot of cosmetic upgrades as well...Sport Hood, Custom Headlight, Tail Lights, and 3rd Brake Light, full wrap, full leather interior upgrade with center console and 8.4" Radio, etc...

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The vid popped up on my recommendations the other day, made it a point to watch after work. Pretty badass. How much is it making now? Last I heard it was 1050 ish. Also saw in the description you added smart boost. How's the drive ability with that?
Smooth Boost is installed, but the only time I have ever used it was when I was purposely trying to make low power pulls to test changes to the truck. Otherwise, it stays turned up to 100% 'cause I like to party...haha.

Last dyno I posted was 1046hp when we were maxing out the ID1050 injectors. We swapped over to 1650cc injectors and made back to back pulls at 1085 and 1088hp, but I didnt even both getting pictures of those graphs.

Now that it has a 9 second slip in its name, its time to turn it up a little and work on a little prep. Already have some 2" headers in the works, planning to convert to E98, and possibly a 105mm throttle body. I have also yet to do a full wide open launch, so I'm hoping the rear axle stays together as soon as I give that a try.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Looks kind of like mine, But mine don't sound that. I am thinking that is 2 wd.

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
AWESOME MATT!!!
That's really getting the bacon delivered!

What have you done to the ass-end of that truck to get it to hook so well?

What was the track-prep like?

I'm not trying to discount your awesomeness with this story, but being at the track on the right day can have significant advantages to your ET.
Example: My Cobra group once went to Milan Dragway (Milan, MI.) with the Ford SVT group on a Sunday morning for some private test & tune runs (closed track; Ford rented the track for the day). The cool part was, the two days & nights before our private event, Milan held a pretty large NHRA event, with everything including Top Fuel cars. So, when Sunday morning came around, that track was like somebody had coated it with GLUE.
I lined up for my first run, dumped the clutch, the car lurched forward and heard a large POW come out of the rear-end! The car rolled about 40 more feet, I shut it down since it wouldn't go anywhere forward or reverse. I got out and we just pushed it backward from there. With all that wonderful Pro-slicks rubber-coating at the line from the NHRA event, my shoes were literally sticking to the track as we pushed the car! It sounded and felt like I was walking in a movie theatre that had too much soda-pop spilled on to the floor and they allowed it to dry! LoL...
With some quick investigation under the car, I discovered I broke a 1/2 shaft in my rear end.

After replacing the 1/2 shafts I had with the thickest/fattest ones I could find, I've been able to get my car (with street tires) down to 11.41 in the quarter (after which they politely tell me I'm done for the day because I don't have a full roll cage or a roof). But honestly, with how sticky that track was that Sunday morning, I think I might have been able to get into the 10's...
I've never been on a track so sticky since that day...
:(

Anyway, Congrats again!

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Smooth Boost is installed, but the only time I have ever used it was when I was purposely trying to make low power pulls to test changes to the truck. Otherwise, it stays turned up to 100% 'cause I like to party...haha.

Last dyno I posted was 1046hp when we were maxing out the ID1050 injectors. We swapped over to 1650cc injectors and made back to back pulls at 1085 and 1088hp, but I didnt even both getting pictures of those graphs.

Now that it has a 9 second slip in its name, its time to turn it up a little and work on a little prep. Already have some 2" headers in the works, planning to convert to E98, and possibly a 105mm throttle body. I have also yet to do a full wide open launch, so I'm hoping the rear axle stays together as soon as I give that a try.

Now that you hit 9's do you have to start doing interior mods like roll cage or chute or anything?

Pistol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congratulations Matt, love the way the truck sounds. Played the video for my wife and told her I want mine to sound like that, lol.

Just ordered a Vararam from you, can't wait to get it on and the tune adjusted for it.

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Q: Now that you hit 9's do you have to start doing interior mods like roll cage or chute or anything? A: I think only if he runs in an NHRA officially sanctioned event.
Jay

Due to liability, most drag strips have a set of rules which mimic the NHRA ones I think, even during "test and tune" runs.
Here are some of the ones from a track we frequent:

BASIC SAFETY REQUIREMENTS

Liquid Overflow
Seat Belts
Neutral Safety Switch
Full Length Pants (No Shorts)
Short or Long Sleeve Shirt
Closed Shoes, Socks
Battery Mounted Securely
If Battery is Relocated an
External Cut Off is Required.

Cars that break 13.99
Helmet - Snell 2010 or Higher or M
Drive Shaft Loop (With Slicks)

Roll Bars and Roll Cages
11.00 - 11.49 Roll Bar
11.00 - 13.49 Roll Bar Convertible

10.99 and Quicker or 135 MPH Roll Cage
Unless it is a full body car with an unaltered firewall, floor, and body
(from firewall rearward, wheeltubs permitted), running
10.00 - 10.99 roll bar permitted

10.00 - 11.49
Aftermarket Rear Axles (10.99)
Harmonic Balancer (10.99)
Transmission Shield (10.99 or 135 MPH)
Drive Shaft Loop
Seat Belts (5 Point SFI)good for 2 years from time stamped
Fire Jacket
Arm Restraints (Open Cars)/Roll Bar

8.50 - 9.99
Flexplate & Flexplate Shield (9.99 or 135 MPH)
Helmet Snell 2010 or newer
NHRA License
Fire Jacket
Open Body Needs Pants, Neck Collar, Arm Restraints & Gloves,Window net

Parachute required 150 MPH and faster

9.99 & Faster NHRA Certified Chassis

OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't intend to speak for Matt but looking at a few of his past posts I think he intended to build a 4th Gen truck that could be driven on the street. I think he built the truck to showcase what could be achieved by these trucks using performance parts that were available to everyone. I don't believe the intent was to build a full-blown race truck that could only be raced on the drag strip. We have found that in some cases during closed private "test and tune" sessions some of the tracks are a little more lenient regarding some of the NHRA rules. This is not to say that safety is or has been disregarded. Once again these are my impressions and I do not speak for Matt.
Jay

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I'm curious to see what the front suspension looks like now if it's still stock style or converted to coilover.

I need to find a fabricator locally interested in making these.

Need to remove the current shock tower in flavor of mounting the new coilover. Use the 4wd LCA to attach the bottom of the coilover and depending on what you're building lift or lower will dictate length of coilover shock you'll need.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't intend to speak for Matt but looking at a few of his past posts I think he intended to build a 4th Gen truck that could be driven on the street. I think he built the truck to showcase what could be achieved by these trucks using performance parts that were available to everyone. I don't believe the intent was to build a full-blown race truck that could only be raced on the drag strip. We have found that in some cases during closed private "test and tune" sessions some of the tracks are a little more lenient regarding some of the NHRA rules. This is not to say that safety is or has been disregarded. Once again these are my impressions and I do not speak for Matt.
Jay

while i'll do agree with this you still have to remember the avg. joe probably doesnt have another 20- 40 grand to dump into a truck and 20 is on the very low side

OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree--I think he said he was between $60-$70k
Jay

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How do I get a ride?

I muussst ressissst....
You shouldn't saaaay that here...
Dooon't do it you'll regret it....
Judy will HATE you maybe...

:boobs:

;)
:drunk:
:lol:

Oh wait, you could drive to Texas and probably get one?
LoL....

Judy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I muussst ressissst....
You shouldn't saaaay that here...
Dooon't do it you'll regret it....
Judy will HATE you maybe...

:boobs:

;)
:drunk:
:lol:

Oh wait, you could drive to Texas and probably get one?
LoL....
?